Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Roadstar DVD2551K (karaoke)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by harryharrison19, Jan 26, 2005.

1. harryharrison19

harryharrison19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to make this player region free?
    I bought it from Argos and cannot find a reference to it anywhere else on the web. There is a reference to DVD2550K is this the same?
    any help much appreciated.
    +
    Harry :lease:

2. Blotto

Blotto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know the answer to that, but my partner's just bought one through a catalogue too and I can't seem to be able to access the preferences menu, can you get into that menu? From there, you can set the TV type, ie UK, American etc. I think.

MY PROBLEM IS:

My partner bought a Roadstar DVD2551K the other day through a catalogue and it was working fine. The loading screen was a deep blue when you turned it on.

I tried putting the DVD player through a scart junction box which is brand new, but which I hadn't used before for any other reason until now. This was so I could attach something else as an alternative AV source than the DVD, but I didn't actually try it with anything else plugged in and switched on, just the DVD.

When I connected the DVD through the junction and switched everything on, the loading screen had a yellowish-green colouring to it and also any material played from disc had the same wierd tone. When I switched everything off and tried it without the junction box, the colour was normal again.

I switched everything off and tried it again one more time to see if I hadn't plugged the scart lead into the junction properly. The screen now had a reddish tint to it! Now when I turn the TV to AV to use the DVD player, the loading screen has a yellowish-green colouring to it without the scart junction box! I can't access the Preferences menu to change the 'TV type' settings or anything in that part of the menu and I've checked and re-checked the scart lead attachments.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can explain why this should this be happening? Should I send the DVD player back to Roadstar? My partner is going to be furious when she gets home!