1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadkill

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eel, Apr 7, 2002.

1. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone tell me what the region 1 transfer is like? I would rather hear it from this forum then in a magazine as i bought Castaway (region 2) after reading that the picture quality was superb only to discover the horrible truth when i got it home (pixelation, picture break up and banding)

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I have had Joy Ride for the past 3 weeks but i am finally getting around to watching it this afternoon.Having a nice cosy time with girlfriend and muffins (blueberry).
    It is Anamorphic 2.35:1,should be pretty good. I personally dont have any fims at all in my collection with the problems you are talking about.No film company would get away with this,sounds like a one-off or more likely a player fault.

3. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have spoken to someone who has the same problem with Castaway but on a Pioneer. I have a Sony player so there must be a design fault somewhere along the line.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    R1 transfer 9/10 and the sound 9/10........them trucks come straight through your room........great film.

5. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that

6. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Watched it this afternoon and i would agree with bob007,picture and sound spot on.It was an enjoyable film with a nice twist on the original ending.I like the way that you can view the deleted scene and alternate endings while watching the film.I have still to watch the alternate endings but i am a little disappointed that they are not the same picture quality.

7. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    agreed..
    great movie, but why can;t alternate endings etc be remastered..that's the benefit of DVD..??

8. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was the let down, the 29 minute alternate ending had a naff picture and a naff soundtrack to, don't mind so much on the deleted scenes that only last 3/4 minutes but 29 minutes was a bit much, out of the two i prefered the original ending.......I'm just waiting for a new member to register as Candy Cane or Rusty Nail.....:D

9. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Watched this Saturday night.
    Disc had a nasty scratch all the way around it, thought I'd give it a go anyway.

The picture was breaking up on parts of the screen quite frequently. Stuck with it, but it was only until it passed what I thought was the layer change (Denon 2800), that the problem disappeared?

Film finished and took the disc out only to discover the "scratch" had gone?!
    I then replayed parts of the film where I could remember there being a problem and it was fine.

The only explanation I can think of is that the scratch was in fact some type of glue and the DVD laser burnt it off.
    Any other ideas?

Liked the film by the way!

Steve

10. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    It is a good film whith a scare factor that doesn't rely on gore to get the job done. That good ol boys a pretty mouth short of a human, who stays with you. [​IMG]The scene in the fields is top draw with the truck and then the country music doing the ethereal bit with the mist. As I said a while back though, the only bit that lets it down is the truck crushing the car but with the car surviving - don't make em like they use to[​IMG]

11. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Wicked film, great story line, kept me on the edge of my cahir all the way through, I would recomend it to anyone. the only dissapointment with the R1 DVD was the state of the 29 min alternative ending, soundtrack and picture quality were awfull.

12. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Candy cane! Candy cane! Is that you Candy cane?

Anyone know Candy cane? I'm looking for Candy cane.

Obviously watched it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Picture excellent, with a little chroma bug - lots of red, neons etc..
    Sound was also very good. Pity is doesn't have DTS.

Can't fault the disc. I haven't seen the alternate ending yet.

Been answering my mobile all day with "Candy cane, is that you Candy cane?" Driving people nuts :D :D :D