1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roadkill on sky movies

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chilpillphil, Dec 27, 2003.

1. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my mum and sister have turned on road kill on sky movies, the quaility is crap and on are sony widescreen tv the picture is in a little box in the middle, i tryed changing the aspect ratio no joy,

this is the last straw, we struggle to find one good film a week and now the quailty and size is ********.

For 40 quid a month you can buy 5 dvds that you like and watch them whenever you want, ie in the day!

Off to get another freeview box for the lounge tomorrow, goodbye sky

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It's being broadcast on SM2 in 2.35 widescreen, PQ is fine on my 41" 50hz RPTV.

As for the value of a SKY sub that's a purely personal opinion:)

3. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok here goes, i dunno if you know the picture modes on a sony, its the simular the panny,

if you view it on wide it show the signal on the tv, if that makes sence, and normally displays the signal in wide form, so this is fine for movie chans etc, but on this film there are black lines at the top and bottom and the left and the right, non of the other modes go the width of the screen, its stupid, it should enlarge up and along,

i used to love sky, its starting to drive me mad now,

i swear there lines on the sreen, its great sayin sky plus can pause live to, but on sky theres nothing that is important enough to pause, and you can pause dvds pretty easily

4. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, internerce was because they were watchin it on rf input, ( beccuase they were recording on the vcr and the SCART input came as the vcr, i turned that off, and the box bit was was because it was an introduction, i sorted out the scart, but they wanna was the pic stretched up, idealy its crap, but the 28inch screen is to small to have bars,

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

That was going to be my next question, I've seen a few movies that look like a 4:3 pic surrounded by black bars during the intro/opening credits:)
    I have the RF hooked upto a 28" 4:3, always watch letterboxed it just feels right and I can't justify replacing the TV while it's working:(

6. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    better now, dunt trust the girls getting the tv working lol

when i good freeview pvr comes out i think i shall leave sky, or at least downgrade, and sell the sky plus

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

I will certainly be buying a HD based Freeview box in the new year, Thomson, Humax and Fusion are the leading contenders at the mo. Currently using a Phillips 1500 for one of the bedrooms and once the aerial was upgraded it has performed well.
    The family still makes full use of the SKY so I don't begrudge a single penny of the monthly sub, no other entertainment source is that cheap for the length of time it is used. However if it wasn't for the SKY+ sub being free with certain premium packages I would have stayed on the family package and paid the £10 for SKY+, the deal of £40 for SKYworld is only good value in my eyes for as long as it includes the SKY+ sub.

I will not be surprised if next year SKY totally drops the SKY+ sub, the competition from Freeview based HD and DVD recording systems will limit the take up of SKY+ and I have no doubt will cause many to cancel subs and switch to Freeview as you might be doing.

8. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im going to have sky family pack and a freeview pvr,

or sky family pack on sky world if the fee is droped,

sky is all repeats, i mainly record soaps of itv and bbc, i carnt remember the last time i recorded sky,

and if i ditch the movies then i wont record them,

i bet thompson will will, to go along stil there tivo