Road Trips: Routes, Photos and Videos!

IronGiant

Which was part of this panorama:
1600971428436.png

mjn

Distinguished Member
The locals hate the tourists renting camper cans / mobile homes then attempting the NC500. “These city folk drive Toyota Aygo or little Smart cars 50 weeks of the year, then rent a massive van / home and think they can drive it up and down these tiny roads :mad:

They’re enjoying the extra money though ;)

=adrian=

Yes, the camper vans on these roads is not the greatest idea ever. Even on the Applecross pass, which is a mountain pass where signs clearly states the road is not suitable for camper vans and caravans, we have seen quite a few. A few times we were passing vans only inches away, because the road (even the passing places) is so narrow and the vans are so big. We did talked about that too, that these roads should be closed for larger vehicles to preserve them, but of course that is not up to us.

We have really enjoyed it though and the weather made it really worthwhile. I have done nearly a 1000 miles over 3 days (I'm the only driver in our family), with a lot of single track roads and I wouldn't change a thing. Beautiful scenery, beautiful place and not many like that are left around us. Sadly, by visiting it, we are contributing to its peril. I suspect that when my son will be old enough to take his son on a trip like that to the same spot, the place will look completely different. So I feel a little duty to go back there and record its beauty as well as I can.

On the subject of photos, I did not get a chance to edit any yet. Working 2 jobs does not give me much of spare time and it looks like it might be a few more weeks before I find enough time to go through the photos and invest time in them.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Even on the Applecross pass
If you drove Applecross, you'll have driven past my car parked opposite the Lochcarron Inn / Garage on the south side of the pass, looking all sorry for itself waiting for transportation back to Herts :laugh:

=adrian=

If you drove Applecross, you'll have driven past my car parked opposite the Lochcarron Inn / Garage on the south side of the pass, looking all sorry for itself waiting for transportation back to Herts :laugh:
Yes, we've done the Applecross pass on Sunday around 1 PM. I haven't noticed your car though, as I was too busy despairing going back.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom