1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rme hdsp9632 better than rme digi 96/8pad?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by markshanks, Jul 30, 2004.

1. markshanks

markshanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I know that the hdsp9632 is newer and more expensive, but does it produce a better sound if all you want is audio playback for CDs, movies, etc. in a home theatre setup? I notice that the digipad seems to quote a higher SNR, and it seems that the hdsp9632 has many, many more functions that simply wouldn't be used in a home theatre pc.

Is it the case that you are simply getting more functions you wouldn't use for the higher price of the hdsp9632? Has anyone compared the two cards and found a difference in sound quality one way or the other?

Any help appreciated.

2. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    check the avsforum as i seem to remember people testing both of them over there. The said (from memory) that the 9632 was better, though not by a whole lot.

I myself have a 9632 and love it for both movies and stereo. Though imho you will need a very good stereo system to be able to appreciate the difference between the 2.