1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 PCI Card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by thomasmthering, Oct 18, 2005.

1. thomasmthering

thomasmthering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any comments on this interesting piece of hardware? I am considering it for a pc based recording solution and need some advice on whether to get it or something else. I would prefer to go as best as possible with a pci based recording solution so that I can use it for a long time.

2. thomasmthering

thomasmthering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This one seems similar, any comments?

3. springtide

springtide

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
  4. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there, I have the rme9632 (with output boards) & the LynxTWO-B.

I use these only for output purposes though - both for stereo and home cinema. Both are excellant cards but imho the LynxTWO-B is a step up in sound quality for stereo. It is also about twice as much as the RME card.

btw; if you do go the RME route I have an AEB4-I (4 analog inputs board) you can have for cheap ;)

CaM

5. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As per the other thread about soundcards at the moment, after loads of research I bought one of these for my hi fi system. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll tell you how it sounds. I believe that it uses the same dac's as the lynx cards, which for the price potentially makes it a bit of a bargain.

Sound on Sound magazine rate the emu products extremely highly for music production (they use the 1818m - which is the multichannel version of this as their reference card), but according to reviews on headfi the sound can be a bit clinical - although extremely accurate.

I've also just got an rme digi 9636 with aeb8-o (which is admittedly the previous generation to the 9632) and m-audio audiophile 2496 in seperate systems so might even get round to doing an comparison.