RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 PCI Card

T

thomasmthering

Does anyone have any comments on this interesting piece of hardware? I am considering it for a pc based recording solution and need some advice on whether to get it or something else. I would prefer to go as best as possible with a pci based recording solution so that I can use it for a long time.

cameronl

hi there, I have the rme9632 (with output boards) & the LynxTWO-B.

I use these only for output purposes though - both for stereo and home cinema. Both are excellant cards but imho the LynxTWO-B is a step up in sound quality for stereo. It is also about twice as much as the RME card.

btw; if you do go the RME route I have an AEB4-I (4 analog inputs board) you can have for cheap ;)

CaM

S

spamboy

As per the other thread about soundcards at the moment, after loads of research I bought one of these for my hi fi system. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll tell you how it sounds. I believe that it uses the same dac's as the lynx cards, which for the price potentially makes it a bit of a bargain.

Sound on Sound magazine rate the emu products extremely highly for music production (they use the 1818m - which is the multichannel version of this as their reference card), but according to reviews on headfi the sound can be a bit clinical - although extremely accurate.

I've also just got an rme digi 9636 with aeb8-o (which is admittedly the previous generation to the 9632) and m-audio audiophile 2496 in seperate systems so might even get round to doing an comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom