RM Special Delivery?

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The person sent today, and they didn't pay for saturday SD
What're the chances of getting it tommorow..
Also the tracking says this:
We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 21/06/10.

Thanks
Jack

Slim but not impossible. Did they send it early this morning?

Depends on what it is (parcel or letter) and what your postal service is like on a saturday.

In most cases I would say your chances are pretty good. But in my area, Saturday post is limited (I think because the posties only work mornings and the normal delivery time is between 1pm and 2pm), and we tend not to ever get packets or parcels delivered - just letters.

Cheers,

Nigel

Erm was sent about 11ish I think :)
and I'm not sure what happens ( my area is reasonably near the Depot ( about 15 min away) and not sure to be honest :)

Oh and it's a big parcel..
I'm not sure, I've never really had anything sent parcelwise to arrive on a Saturday!
My postie can deliver parcels on saturday but obviously not special delivery :p

I left a stamped addressed envelope with a prospective employer last Monday for my wife. 1st class stamp. They posted it Monday afternoon, it still hasn't arrived.

Closing date for applications was today at 12 midday. They wouldn't let her pick up an application, can only get one posted out.

Up yours RM... :mad:

I left a stamped addressed envelope with a prospective employer last Monday for my wife. 1st class stamp. They posted it Monday afternoon, it still hasn't arrived.

Closing date for applications was today at 12 midday. They wouldn't let her pick up an application, can only get one posted out.

Up yours RM... :mad:

Ouch, unlucky :(
Explain your situation to them ( although you probably have done.. )
Btw my tracking is showing that the parcel is out for delivery :clap: Yey!

The person sent today, and they didn't pay for saturday SD
What're the chances of getting it tommorow..
Also the tracking says this:
We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 21/06/10.

Thanks
Jack

Most residential Special Delivery items will be delivered.

Most Businesses are closed on Saturday and their mail is not taken out. If they want a Special Delivery delivering on a Saturday they use the paid for Saturday gaurantee.

Special Delivery for a Saturday is extra cost. Otherwise sending on Friday will mean delivery is on Monday

Irony of course is that a normal 1st class stamp whether recorded or not could have got there on the Saturday but you do not get the same insurance cover :)

Special Delivery for a Saturday is extra cost. Otherwise sending on Friday will mean delivery is on Monday

Irony of course is that a normal 1st class stamp whether recorded or not could have got there on the Saturday but you do not get the same insurance cover :)

It came today :D

That's for delivery guarantee. They still deliver SD stuff on Saturday on the normal rate, it's just that if it doesn't arrive and the normal rate was paid then you can't complain.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom