Question Ritcher sounds repair - Denon

belfastchris45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone had any recent warranty work with RS. My av receiver was sent back to denon I believe 3 weeks ago. I called for an update and was told it’s still with them and no update.

The av receiver had gone into protection mode and would not come out of it

What is the normal repair time ? I would of thought 3-4 weeks would be more than enough time to fix a product.

Any advice would be appreciated. Really missing surround sound. Tv speakers just don’t do it

Thanks
Chris

Hi all

Has anyone had any recent warranty work with RS. My av receiver was sent back to denon I believe 3 weeks ago. I called for an update and was told it’s still with them and no update.

What is the normal repair time ? I would of thought 3-4 weeks would be more than enough time to fix a product.

Any advice would be appreciated. Really missing surround sound. Tv speakers just don’t do it

Thanks
Chris
not much you can do mate,probably the worst time of year to be missing your amp,hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

Over 2 weeks would be taking the piss in this day and age. Give em hell!

Over 2 weeks would be taking the piss in this day and age. Give em hell!
That’s what I was thinking. I thought 3 weeks in I would have it back. But to have nothing in terms of update. Just it’s still with denon. Not good enough in my eyes. But again legally I don’t have a leg to stand on. There is no pre defined time for repairs

You could argue that it is beyond what would be considered a reasonable amount of time to have the fault diagnosed and then repaired. The fact that they cannot even update you on what the issue is would be in your favour if making such an argument. Your rights are probably being infringed upon if they still cannot give you some idea as to how long they still need to resolve the issue after already having the receiver for 3 weeks. They cannot keep the goods indefinately without stating how long they need to repair them.

You could argue that it is beyond what would be considered a reasonable amount of time to have the fault diagnosed and then repaired. The fact that they cannot even update you on what the issue is would be in your favour if making such an argument. Your rights are probably being infringed upon if they still cannot give you some idea as to how long they still need to resolve the issue after already having the receiver for 3 weeks. They cannot keep the goods indefinately without stating how long they need to repair them.

See this is what I think.

Will give them a call on Monday again to see what update I get. If it’s the same nothing. I will ask for the manager to intervene and give me options or at least an eta

The richer sounds guys do patrol these forums, when I posted a problem with my oled they picked up my comment here and responded quickly and directly following a somewhat slow response via email. It might be worth trying to find one of the rs guys who post here and direct them to this thread. They kept my good will and I bought a second tv from them and also my brother bought a 65” sony following my recommendation. It's in their interest to keep your business, hopefully you get it resolved soon.

The richer sounds guys do patrol these forums, when I posted a problem with my oled they picked up my comment here and responded quickly and directly following a somewhat slow response via email. It might be worth trying to find one of the rs guys who post here and direct them to this thread. They kept my good will and I bought a second tv from them and also my brother bought a 65” sony following my recommendation. It's in their interest to keep your business, hopefully you get it resolved soon.

Hopefully one of them see this. Much like you I’m a loyal customer. Before Christmas I bought an LG b8 oled in the sane store. Just let’s say it wasn’t a small amount of money

Contact Richer Sounds on here,I had the same problem at the end of last year with a faulty speaker,taking ages to get repaired,once I sent a pm to them on here it was sorted quickly.

Hi all

Thanks
Chris

Hi there,

I saw your thread and was obviously sorry to read you've been having issues with your Denon unit which is in for repair.

So that I may investigate, and resolve the matter, please could you drop me a PM with your details on?

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Hi there,

I saw your thread and was obviously sorry to read you've been having issues with your Denon unit which is in for repair.

So that I may investigate, and resolve the matter, please could you drop me a PM with your details on?

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Thanks John

I will ping you a pm.

Latest update for the rest of the group. Awaiting parts No eta. Can’t give me an eta and no acceptable amount of wait time.

Just as a final update.

Got the av receiver back and it’s now all fully working. So happy to have it back.

All in all it took around 4 weeks for denon to fix it. Gives you some sort of baseline for anyone looking times in the future.

Hi there,

Thank you for your update - I'm pleased to hear that everything is now resolved.

Apologies again for the obvious inconvenience, and thank you for your patience whilst your receiver was repaired.

Thanks again,

John.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom