Quantcast

Risky3301 Pioneer 506XDE Install

plaver

This is just the start of something big, New living room plus a 50 incher

Attachments

mason

looking good- some great progress so far:thumbsup:

plaver

Thanks for your comments:smashin: , I'll do an update at the weekend, hopefully the other half of the fireplace will have turned up. Sadly I don't have a date when the 506 will turn up though.

plaver

ashmufc said:
Are you painting the walls?
Can I reccomend a colour? Natural Hessian from Dulux, would go with the TV and that firepalce.
Yes, the plan is to paint the walls, I have aleady sent instructions to my good lady to pick up a match pot. Thanks for the suggestion

plaver

The good lady returned with the right match pot but also others as well, the Jury is out at the moment, My newly plastered wall looks like a patch work quilt :rotfl:

I've seen the new 50 incher, but it won't be available till Oct plus all the tuners etc are in the screen, I perfer media box set up.

plaver

Just a quick update, The fireplace is now complete, Stage 1 completed

Carried out a speaker test, all six working OK, now on to Stage 2.

Looks like 'Natural Hessian' is ahead at the moment but who knows what tomorrow will bring

Attachments

plaver

I have started a temp survey of the wall behind the screen and just in front of screen with the fire on full. I will post the results later as this will take at least 12 hours to complete :smashin:

The other photo's show the screen and power cables routed out of the wall and the Sub cable connection on the other side of the room :smashin:

I have also added one of the two new doors, well a revamped living room wouldn't be the same without adding a nice double door opening.

Hopefully stage 2 will start on Tuesday. :D

Stll no news on when the screen will arrive :(

Attachments

plaver

It's not me testing the colours it's the wife and today the colour patches got bigger and hopefully the decision has now been made, I just pay for it and then put it on the walls and ceilings :D :rotfl: :eek:

plaver

:hiya: The gear has finally arrived, DVD has been converted to Mullti-Region by AV Sales. All I have to do now is mount the screen, finish the room off, move in the new seating, curtains, etc etc. What I do for a 50 incher :D :D :D and they say size doesn't matter :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :

:smashin:

PS the screen photo is a little shaky due to my being over whelmed by the customer service from AV Sales

Attachments

Streetrod

Novice Member
One day I would just love to have enough money to go and buy all my kit in one lump like that, it would be great to feel that purchase rush. I have some great kit but it is taken ages to save up for stuff to complete my installation.
The room is looking great by the way. Those small cables hanging from the wall behind where the plasma is going, are they for lighting of some sort?

plaver

ashmufc said:
Can't wait, what colour did you go for paint at the end?
And great DVD Player!
:hiya: After much debate and many different match pot colours we went with Dulux 'Soft Peach'. I used a new design paint roller system, where you pour the paint inside the roller and then apply, what a brill piece of kit, little or no mess, execellent coverage, even application and took less than 1/2 the time I was expecting.

plaver

Streetrod said:
One day I would just love to have enough money to go and buy all my kit in one lump like that, it would be great to feel that purchase rush. I have some great kit but it is taken ages to save up for stuff to complete my installation.
The room is looking great by the way. Those small cables hanging from the wall behind where the plasma is going, are they for lighting of some sort?
:hiya: Me too, I have saved and given a lot of thought for long time on what kit I wanted how I was going to install everything from the screen to moving the position of the fireplace with the min of fuss and also the decor. As for the money, I have done it on buy now pay later interest free option cos I had over half the money and I have drip feed an investment account for years so I don't miss the money and I calculated that if I continue and would have more than enough to pay when the period ends.

The small cables, now there a funny thing cos my response might upset a few people which I will say is not my intention, The small cables are for the Keff EGG speakers, the lighting option you mention, I viewed and commented on other installations cos when I first saw the back lights I thought they looked really good and wanted to do the same and after a bit thought and then remembering where I first saw simular back lighting, on boy racer nova's I decided that the designers at Pioneer had gone to a lot of trouble making there screen looking like it does, very :cool: and if they thought that back lighting would have improved the look and function of the screen they would have either fitted them a standard or made them an option like the speakers and stands etc. This is a personal thing which is what AV installs are all about and if we wanted and like the same then there wouldn't be any need for the this forum to exchange ideas. :clap: :clap:

Thank you for your comments, and please come back as I will doing a big update after the weekend as my big plan is coming together and lots of small items are now nearing completion to help build the bigger picture. :smashin:

plaver

ashmufc said:
Can't wait, what colour did you go for paint at the end?
And great DVD Player!
:hiya:, You might be able to help and advise me being a you recognise the high end dvd player, what do you know about the Pioneer amp AX4AVI, what I am thinking is,

I got a humax 9200PVR with scart out and I was thinking of using the AMP to up scale the freeview picture to improve the PQ by using a QED converter 'scart to component' and then compoenent feed into the amp and out via the OUT HDMI connection to Input 3 (HDMI) on the Pioneer Media Box, do you think this would work or am I wasting my money. Any thoughts or comments much appreciated.

ash

risky3301 said:
:hiya:, You might be able to help and advise me being a you recognise the high end dvd player, what do you know about the Pioneer amp AX4AVI, what I am thinking is,

I got a humax 9200PVR with scart out and I was thinking of using the AMP to up scale the freeview picture to improve the PQ by using a QED converter 'scart to component' and then compoenent feed into the amp and out via the OUT HDMI connection to Input 3 (HDMI) on the Pioneer Media Box, do you think this would work or am I wasting my money. Any thoughts or comments much appreciated.
I wouldn't do that. Just get a High Quality Scart cable to connect to your media box. It would work, but I don't think the benefit will be major. Why not spend that money on SkyHD or a Humax HD box :hiya:

plaver

ashmufc said:
I wouldn't do that. Just get a High Quality Scart cable to connect to your media box. It would work, but I don't think the benefit will be major. Why not spend that money on SkyHD or a Humax HD box :hiya:
Thanks for the comment, I'm trying to get every once of PQ I can get out of the new system

plaver

Slowly getting there, flooring etc now in screen all working etc, I'm gonna sit back and relax for couple of nights now.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

Trending threads

Latest News

UK telecoms come together to keep country connected
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sharp and NEC display venture to push 8K + 5G tech
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon and Marantz bring Roon compatibility to products
  • By Andy Bassett