Risk of Rain 2

drinkturps

I posted about this in the bargains thread as it came out of early access on Tuesday and you can get it cheaper than Steam on CD Keys. I wanted to see if anyone else is playing this? I'm totally hooked! Never really played "roguelike" games but this rewards perseverance. This is a class shooter with some interesting loot and a lot of fun.

At first I was like this is way too tough for me but I stuck with it. When you unlock the other characters it really makes a massive difference. Stuck in over 12 hours already. Here's the launch trailer

silvercue

Distinguished Member
I did look at your post and follow the link. It looks interesting, though I have never really understood what roguelike really means.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I did look at your post and follow the link. It looks interesting, though I have never really understood what roguelike really means.
If your game doesn't have Rogue-like in there somewhere then its not hip ma dude!! I honestly believe a lot of games just add it in there for the sake of saying it. Its like a buzzword.

'Yo, whats up guys, our new game is a 4K, Ray traced, 60 FPS Shooter based roguelike that breaks the boundaries of any other roguelike out there. Come try it, we think you will roguelike it'

drinkturps

Yeah it is a bit of a marketing gimmick but to me it means perma death. You lose your character and have to start again. A bit like a hardcore mode in ARPGs. This has certainly got that one more go appeal about it and a bargain for £8!

EDIT: The price had gone up to £8.89 today but its still cheaper than Steam!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom