Ripping Yarns boxset - How Rare?

M

Miles

Hi,

I managed to get this before it was deleted and now i'm looking at selling it because the prices have been getting a bit silly - on ebay around £60 and Amazon £300:eek:

Does anyomne know how rare this really is? I would assume that a few months down the line it will be rereleased anyway?

If you had it and wanted to sell it what route would you go - ebay? and is this the best time to sell?

Cheers

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Was this just that Vol 1&2 (incomplete ?) boxset available at Play, HMV etc for about £20 ?

Mike.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
My Ripping Yarns boxset contains 6 episodes. At the time that was all I could get, hopefully the future release will include the whole lot.

Confucius

I do not know for certain, but it appears as though the rights to Ripping Yarns changed from 'Revelation Films' to 'Network' - before 'Revelation' had a chance to complete the set.

There were 9 episodes of Ripping Yarns, only 6 were published on DVD. I do not know if the 2-disc set for sale on e-bay has packaging that says complete, or whether this is the all-to-usual innacurate e-bay sellers' bumph. Whichever way it is, it is not complete.

Still, I might as well put mine up for sale as 'The Complete DVD release of Ripping Yarns', which would not be entirely innacurate ;)

EDIT: Looking at the cover image on Amazon this was NOT marketed as a Complete Box Set, so the e-bay seller's patter is Complete B-S!

M

Miles

Thanks for that info and link Confucius.

it looks the new release will be much better so I'll flog mine.

M

Miles

Yep, sold for £62 :smashin:

Looking forward to the new improved version!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom