Ripping with EAC to FLAC, tagging problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Pgmabley, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Pgmabley

Pgmabley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi

Read through all the advice and stickies on this, but can't find a direct answer to my problem.

I decided to rip all my cd's to FLAC on an external hard drive.

I can get them all onto the hard drive, but I have to set up folders for each album (not a problem) with the album name. No tagged info comes over giving track names etc, it just labels them track 01, track 02 etc etc...

I downloaded mp3tag and tried to get them to label them after that with no success, but I admit I don't really know how to use the programme.

I don't really want to individually type all the track names out myself.

I assume I'm doing something wrong along the line somewhere, any advice out there?

Thanks
    Paul

2. amcluesent

amcluesent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    So you need to read the stickies again :)

Sounds like (at least) these setting are wrong -

EAC Options->Filename->Naming Scheme (N.b I use '%C\%N - %T')

and Compression Options->External Compression->Additional command line options (N.B. I use '--best -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s')

3. Pgmabley

Pgmabley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You are quite correct, some more in-depth reading was required. It is difficult reading and understanding all the info out there, you just need to get started and make the mistakes for yourself unfortunately.

I found this information within the stickies for anyone else requiring a EAC setup guide. It's for an older version but you get the required info.

See Here

Cheers
    Paul