Ripping Sky+ recordings to mpeg4 for psp

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by asibley, Apr 22, 2005.

1. asibley

asibley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I am now the proud owner of a psp. I have the ability to rip dvds onto memory sticks and view them on the psp which is great but what I'd really like to do is rip programs I have recorded on my sky+ box onto memorysticks inorder that I can catch up on some of the programs I have recorded while I am out.

I have seen a device, neuros, that is very close to doing the job but it doesn't use memorysticks and the format of the mpeg4 files is not entirely suitable for the psp. It is basically a small box that has memory card slots on the from and video input on the back and records to mpg4 in real time.

Can anyone else think of a streamlined way of doing this. I do have a dvd recorder, so in theory I could record the programs to dvd and then us my pc to encode them in mpg4 and then put on memorystick. This will work but is far to much hassle. I want something quick and easy.

Wouldn't it be great if the sky+ box had memorystick slots and you could just copy it in a matter of minnutes.

Any Ideas? :D