• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ripping CD's to PC

frailfury

Banned
Is it legal? When you look up microsoft help for wmp11, it shows pics of someone ripping a joss stone cd, on the otherhand, people are stating it's not legal.

I just want to rip them to my pc for personal use.

I also wanted to know if theres a cheaper place to buy mp3 singles, as i'm paying around 99p at the moment for a drm free track. I know theres a thread with some sites listed, but isnt there cheaper ones? I don't just wanna buy a whole cd just for a couple of tracks so downloads for me would be better.

Thanks.

MAGGOTBRAIN

Novice Member
I am certain that simply ripping them for your own use is totally legal. It's your property afterall. You just aren't allowed to distribute those files to others. Why do you think pretty much every piece of music library software has a cd-ripping tool.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom