ripping blu ray to hd

connorjordan

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no problems doing this but I never use the extras and wonder can i rip the disc without them

:thumbsup:

I dont know what kind of software your using for the ripping, but if its anything like DVD Decrypter (used for DVDs) i guess you just rip the whole disc then just delete the files you dont need.

Thats what I do with DVDs.

Rip the whole disc (turning off "file Splitting") then I keep the main movie as a single file and watch it on the PC using VLC.
The other extra files like the menus or the extras I just bin.

If your software allows you to just rip the movie then set it to do so.

Try AnyDVD (only get it from the Slysoft site). Their Clone DVD makes a single .iso file from the disk.
You just click on it and your player fires it up as it would a DVD. You can't edit the file but it'll play reliably.

It works with Blu Ray and HD DVD but you need to download their main product pair: AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD.

The studios are constantly adding new stuff to defect copying; these guys have the resources to beat them each time (so far) and they publish fairly regular updates.

Better warn you, if you start this game, you need a lot of disk space - at current prices it costs about £3.00 for the space to hold one Blu Ray on average.

Try AnyDVD (only get it from the Slysoft site). Better warn you, if you start this game, you need a lot of disk space - at current prices it costs about £3.00 for the space to hold one Blu Ray on average.

Currently, I intend to only keep my DVD's on the HDD. I will keep a library of the Blu-Rays (I use my MyMovies), but they won't be stored on the HDD. I'm in the process of getting my WHS online. I might keep a few "often watched" Blu-rays on the HDD, ripped as an ISO, so that MyMovies can auto play it, from within Media Centre.

I use tsMuxer which lets you pick out only the bits you want and create a new blu ray folder,I then use ImgBurn to turn the folder into an image you can even burn the results to disc and play back on standalone players.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom