Ripping and burning homemade DVDS

bedada

Novice Member
Hi, hopefully I am posting in the correct section. I have about a 100 DVDS that I burned using an RDR HX900 Sony Dvd burner that I bought in 2005. The original sources were VHS tapes that I burned to a mini dv tape. Also recorded standard definition footage with a Canon-GL2. Burned that footage to a DVD. I did all this about ten years ago. Because DVD's have a shelf life I'd like to rip them on my PC and reburn them without losing quality.

I purchased adobe premier pro CS 6 three years ago for $250 a year. Sales rep said they would help me with this. I work 100 hours a week so I just called them for help a month ago and they could not help.

All I want to do is rip all the DVD'S on my PC and reburn them. I don't need to edit anything. I don't know what program to use and don't know what format to reburn them in. I know there is AVI, MPEG, WMV and probably many more. I want to store these on an external hard drive so they never go bad.

I'd appreciate anyone who can help this old timer who used VHS tapes. lol.

Thank you,

Tony

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi, hopefully I am posting in the correct section. I have about a 100 DVDS that I burned using an RDR HX900 Sony Dvd burner that I bought in 2005. The original sources were VHS tapes that I burned to a mini dv tape. Also recorded standard definition footage with a Canon-GL2. Burned that footage to a DVD. I did all this about ten years ago. Because DVD's have a shelf life I'd like to rip them on my PC and reburn them without losing quality.

I purchased adobe premier pro CS 6 three years ago for $250 a year. Sales rep said they would help me with this. I work 100 hours a week so I just called them for help a month ago and they could not help.

All I want to do is rip all the DVD'S on my PC and reburn them. I don't need to edit anything. I don't know what program to use and don't know what format to reburn them in. I know there is AVI, MPEG, WMV and probably many more. I want to store these on an external hard drive so they never go bad.

I'd appreciate anyone who can help this old timer who used VHS tapes. lol.

Thank you,

Tony

Download Imgburn.

Create a .iso image of the source DVD disc then select write image and burn it to a new DVD-R.

If there is copy protection on the disc you might have to remove that though it sounds unlikely given these are home movies, AnyDVD will do this for you if needed.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom