Ripping a DVD onto PSP. HOW ??????

J

jerkyboy

Can someone please explain how to rip a DVD on my PSP.

I have a few DVD ripping programs, DVDShrink and DVDencripter but I am confused as to what files I need to actually copy.

All I want is the main film, and the audio (to keep the file size down) but I really dont know what I am doing.

Please help :lease:

I've not tried this yet as I'm still waiting for my PSP but there is a website that has been referred to here before so I assume I'm allowed to repeat it.

www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

Steve

That website'sw method is the easiest i have come accross, i totally recomend it

You just need the vob files which are the large file size ones which dvd shrink creates, if you want to join them use this tool HERE otherwise the psp will play each vob file at a time, then use psp video 9 to create the mpeg4 file and it will also copy it across to your psp if it is plugged in and there is a large mem stick in there :)

Btw dvdshrink can rip just the main movie and no menus for you.

Easiest method to get the film from the disc to your hard drive is to just use DVD Decrypter.
Set it to IFO mode, select the file with the longest running time (will be the film), go into Tools/Settings and under IFO Mode select 'File Splitting = None' and then select the location to save the file too and run it, after about 5/10mins you will be left with a single .vob file on your hard drive which you can then just load straight into PSP Video 9 or whatever PSP encoding software you are using it.

As a natural progression from this, does anybody know where I can actually get these 'PSP' ready files of movies, episodes etc? Can anybody send me some?

Cheers

Dirtschmooz said:
As a natural progression from this, does anybody know where I can actually get these 'PSP' ready files of movies, episodes etc? Can anybody send me some?

Cheers
I am pretty sure we are not allowed to post locations where illegal files can be obtained but I dont know of anywhere that is listed movies/shows in PSP format, I just get the standard releases and convert them.

Indiana Jones said:
I am pretty sure we are not allowed to post locations where illegal files can be obtained but I dont know of anywhere that is listed movies/shows in PSP format, I just get the standard releases and convert them.

Fair play. I didn't refer to anything illegal. I meant if there was any official support for the format yet. I'm planning on coverting from my (vast) DVD collection anyway, but wanted to see if there was anything I could use to test my new PSP out with.

yeah id be careful of listing shows/films etc for download, although you can obviously check out the torrent trackers for a lot of hits.

ive stuck to music videos/game trailers and movie traielrs on my site. you cna have a look at those for some short clips.

Also gamespot let you download their on the spot news in psp video format.

Looks like there will be legal film downloading next year as Sony are looking to start an iTunes for films. See here.

Indiana Jones said:
Easiest method to get the film from the disc to your hard drive is to just use DVD Decrypter.
Set it to IFO mode, select the file with the longest running time (will be the film), go into Tools/Settings and under IFO Mode select 'File Splitting = None' and then select the location to save the file too and run it, after about 5/10mins you will be left with a single .vob file on your hard drive which you can then just load straight into PSP Video 9 or whatever PSP encoding software you are using it.

Doesn't that just leave you with a massive file that you can't fit on the PSP?

Tobias said:
Doesn't that just leave you with a massive file that you can't fit on the PSP?
The ripped file from the DVD (depending on film length) will be around 4Gb but once run through PSP Video 9 (depending on the setting) it will be anywhere from 200Mb to 400Mb in size which will easily fit onto a 512Mb Pro Duo Memory Stick.

PSP vault are setting up a video lounge so people can share movies...look here

pmwhelan said:
Anyone tried this software?

http://www.allformp3.com/dvd-to-psp.html

My DVD Decrypter and PSP 9 combination results in out of sync audio and video
:mad:
What settings have you been using? as I havent had a problem yet but have only been using a single setting.

Indiana Jones said:
What settings have you been using? as I havent had a problem yet but have only been using a single setting.

I just used the basic settings.
Maybe it was a once off error as I only tried one DVD.
:confused:

I have used DVD Shrink, the problem I am having is that I end up with about 25 different Video files. These are different menus, extras etc. How do I just rip the Main film with nothing else into one big file, that I can them convert into Mpeg4 via PSP Video 9 ???.

Please Help

jerkyboy said:
I have used DVD Shrink, the problem I am having is that I end up with about 25 different Video files. These are different menus, extras etc. How do I just rip the Main film with nothing else into one big file, that I can them convert into Mpeg4 via PSP Video 9 ???.

Please Help
Easily done.
Firstly dont use DVD Shrink, I know people have been using it but it is designed to compress a DVD9 to a DVD5 so you can then burn onto a DVDr, what you want to do is get DVD Decrypter, it is free and will do exactly what you want.

Once you have it installed, load up the DVD and start the program, if it isnt set to 'IFO Mode' then select that from the Mode list, after a few seconds you will see runs times displayed in the box on the right, it automatically selects the files with the biggest runtime so should select the movie.
Now select 'Tools' and then 'Settings', then select the 'IFO Mode' tab, you will see the words 'File Splitting' and a drop down box, set that to 'None' and this will make sure that the extracted file is a single file and not several.
Once all this is done go back to the original screen, select the destination you want to save the file too and set it going, once finished you will have a single .vob file ready to be loaded into 3GP or PSP Video 9.

Indiana

Thanks very much, very helpfull.

Sounds easy enough, I will give it a go later today.

Indiana

I did what you said using Monster Inc and it left me with a single 4.5 GIG file.

That sounds quite large for just the main movie, am I doing something wrong.

How big should a 2 hour film be once ripped ?.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom