• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rip

surrey lad

After 8 years of loyal service, last night i restarted Tivo so I could watch the little feller coming down his slide for the last time:(

You'll be missed.

Fred Smith

Why? The AltEPG is up and running as Alpha and it's a very easy change if your TiVo is networked, but more involved if you have to pull the drive.

MarkE19

As far as I can see it is dead easy for a non modded dial-up TiVo. You just run a new guided setup and select an specific postcode, then in the dial prefix you enter a full phone number - job done :smashin:

The only real downside is that all season passes and thumbs ratings will be lost. I've got ~50 season passes, even after cleaning them up a few months back, so it will be a pain to recreate them as the new series of each restarts (and hoping I remeber/notice them restarting :rolleyes: ), but still a lot better than loosing TiVo altogether.
It is also recommended that a full clean install may offer a more secure future, ie loosing all previous recordings. But this is not a requirement and will hopefully still work ok.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom