Distinguished Member
Sad... a very rare true hero gone :(

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
Finally taken his last small step! :(

RIP - a true pioneer and hero.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
I watched the Apollo 11 landing "live" in the wee hours of the morning. Nothing has quite captured the world's imagination since. I am so sad to see this quiet and humble man leave this spaceship earth. Respect.

jasonf01

RIP Neil Armstrong. One Steely-Eyed Missle Man (even though the phrase wasnt really related to him).

Given what he did, I almost expected him to be immortal.

Jas.

nwgarratt

When I was 11 years old, I did a school project about space. My Dad had some business in London which Neil Armstrong was part of and he managed to get him to autograph the inside cover.

He does his autograph as Neil A.

RIP.

Miss Mandy

Sad news, RIP Neil.

SanPedro

How many peoplel will leave the same kind of mark that he did? Truly an extraordinary first. I don't expect to see the same in my lifetime. RIP Neil A

kav

Distinguished Member
RIP. For me one of the few genuinely inspirational people in this world - how many of us wanted to be him when we were children?

nabby

Distinguished Member
RIP Neil, a gentleman, a humanitarian, an inspiration and a legend.

Gutted on a personal level as I was named Neil after him by my parents. When I was young this was the reason I was so interested in space and astronomy, to the extent that if someone was to ask what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always replied, "an astronaut".

dc8900

Distinguished Member
RIP Neil Armstrong you helped pushed humanity further

Last edited:

TheAdmiralCS

Great man and a big inspiration to me. RIP Neil, taking the biggest step of all - back to the stars.