Ring Video Doorbell 2 Issue

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by facecard, Aug 7, 2018.

1. facecard

facecard
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure if this was previously asked. I have a Ring doorbell and it is connected to my router. Although the wifi signal is weak everything still works. The doorbell works as expected.

Back on July 20th, between 9.30am and 12pm there is a gap of time where someone came to my door but nothing was triggered or recorded. Again the doorbell was functional and working the hours and minutes leading up to 9.30am and somehow the doorbell doesn't get tripped when this person enters the zones. I have a chair on the porch and you can see the chair in the camera. In fact, you can see most of the porch, front yard, driveway, etc... So, my wife goes outside to leave and notices a birthday gift on the chair. So, I review the video of that morning leading up to 12pm. It is a mystery of how someone can walk up to the porch and put something on the chair then turn around and leave and the doorbell is not triggered in any way shape or form.

To this day, I find it weird and odd. I am not sure if anyone has experienced this before.

2. Lesmor

Lesmor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,499
    I have just returned my Ring 2
    initially I was delighted with it but it records then freezes sometimes after only 4 seconds
    I never got a whole period of recording of someone arriving and leaving
    plus the PQ can be pixelated and sound lags video and is hard to distinguish
    Battery is fully charged and diagnostics shows a strong WiFi signal
    Its a shame really as I like the product