1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ring on DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Tracey, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if 'Ring' has an English audio track or has it only got English subtitles?

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Thankfully Play 247 list it as having Japenese audio (DD 2.0) with subtitles.

------------------
    K'ung Fu-tse (The poster fomerly known as PeteH)

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Tracey,

The Region 2 DVD of "Ring" has only got a Japanese 2.0 soundtrack, with burnt-in English subtitles. I doubt if an English-language edition will ever be profitable, as whilst a superb and chilling movie (everything that Blair Witch wasn't!) I doubt if it would work in the same way having some idiot try and do a scary-sounding American voice for the lead characters.

Then again, if "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was a popular foreign-language movie, maybe people could be convinced to see "Ring" as well?!

Pooch

4. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I borrowed a friend's CTHD the other day. What utterly gobsmacking landscapes and scenery they found for that film.

It wasn't quite something that I'm desperate to see again I have to report, but being only the 2nd film I can recall watching with subtitles was an interesting experience. I think I spent too many moments checking to see if I had the right spoken language that lip-synched, as I missed some subtitles!

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK