Ring Fit Adventure (Oct 18th)

Amazon have stock in soon so I've ordered. I need to lose some weight and I'm never going to sign up for the gym, so hopefully this will help.

Has anyone stuck with it longer-term and seen some benefits?

Amazon have stock in soon so I've ordered. I need to lose some weight and I'm never going to sign up for the gym, so hopefully this will help.

Has anyone stuck with it longer-term and seen some benefits?
Yeah I’m still doing it, my missus is seeing more benefits than I am I must say.
Whereas she’s looking good I’m just getting more and more knackered 😂

Yeah I’m still doing it, my missus is seeing more benefits than I am I must say.
Whereas she’s looking good I’m just getting more and more knackered 😂
Ta. I'll see how I get on. Fairly sure it'll be another fad that I stick to for about a week before giving up and spending the time eating crisps instead.

Ta. I'll see how I get on. Fairly sure it'll be another fad that I stick to for about a week before giving up and spending the time eating crisps instead.
It is good, but like with any exercise it’s you that’s got to put in the effort.
If you can’t be bothered then it will turn in to a fad, if however you’ve got the motivation to do so then you’ll reap the benefits.

Just arrived. Will give it a go tonight and report back. Sure my wife will find watching me amusing if nothing else.

I got mine 2 weeks ago, never opened it and returned it to Amazon today.

I sit here typing this feeling rather guilty, whilst drinking a beer and eating a custard cream.

Just ordered this!

Amazon Warehouse deal (damaged box) + £15 e-voucher = £45.44!

I'm not entirely sure why it was £79.99 at launch and it'll probably be £40 new next year, but I don't want to spend a year getting chubbier!

I've bought and played pretty much all the fitness games for the Wii and Wii U, so it'll be nice to try something different.

Anyone else still playing this? I've seen it appear on the Classifieds a few times, so it seems some have tried it but moved it on.

I've had a few goes but knackered my shin weeks ago and running on the spot aggravates it, so haven't been able to get properly into it.

But from what I've seen it's fun and I was properly sweating after each go and a bit achey later. Apparently that's a good thing.

Beat the final level yesterday. Played everyday since I got it in February. Think I got my monies worth our of it!

Beat the final level yesterday. Played everyday since I got it in February. Think I got my monies worth our of it!
Did it improve your fitness or help with weight loss? That’s what I got it for (combined with eating better and sitting less, generally), just need my leg to stop being knackered.

Did it improve your fitness or help with weight loss? That’s what I got it for (combined with eating better and sitting less, generally), just need my leg to stop being knackered.
For me I’d say it definitely helps with fitness and weight loss, but as with all these types of things you’ll only see a benefit if you actually do it rather than thinking about doing it.
You only get out of it what you put in to it.

Got this last week, been doing for the last 5 days, and it is very good. I tried Wii Fit, and a couple of other similar games, but this is the best of its type by miles.

I was a bit skeptical about what could be done with the ring, but it‘s a really clever accessory, imprssive how many different exercises are possible. Even the resistance of the ring is very cleverly set up so it works for just about everyone. The adventure game aspect is pretty simple, but good enough to keep the exercise interesting and varied, and some of the mini games I have played so far are good in their own right.

I haven’t been doing it long enough to notice any weight loss, so no idea if it is good for that, but it gets the heart pumping and I work up a sweat, so it must be doing some good!

I’d played most of the first world before, on and off, but finished it and started the second yesterday in what was probably my first sustained go.

Probably only talking 15 minutes of actual exercise but I’m surprised by how much I’m aching this morning. Baby steps...

Can this be “configured” so that it only gives you exercises that you can do, due to either disability or space ?

for example, you can set it to only show exercises that can be done standing up or exercises only for upper body but still allow you to play the “adventure” part of the game ?

You can select which exercises you take into a level before starting it. There are a few levels which select a set for you.

The running can be substituted for squats (silent mode). There's also Assist Mode, which "will activate partial button controls", this can be toggled on for - Shoulder, Back, Ab and Knee.

You can select which exercises you take into a level before starting it. There are a few levels which select a set for you.

The running can be substituted for squats (silent mode). There's also Assist Mode, which "will activate partial button controls", this can be toggled on for - Shoulder, Back, Ab and Knee.

thanks. So sounds like be ok for persons with disabilities etc.

I'm looking forward to our family gym nights in with this. Exercises for all to...enjoy! ☺

I'm on day 2 of this, and really enjoying it. I'm 5'10 and under 11 stone so don't need to lose any weight but due to my work i don't get much exercise (commute on a motorcycle and use a laptop when stationary) so do notice things seizing up and random aches and pains. Got this to keep everything moving basically and it works well.

The challenge level is good and its quite addictive getting more points and levelling up, and this morning after 20 minutes i definitely got warm and a bit sweaty.

Like anything i guess the trick is to keep at it, watch this space!

I'm on day 2 of this, and really enjoying it. I'm 5'10 and under 11 stone so don't need to lose any weight but due to my work i don't get much exercise (commute on a motorcycle and use a laptop when stationary) so do notice things seizing up and random aches and pains. Got this to keep everything moving basically and it works well.

The challenge level is good and its quite addictive getting more points and levelling up, and this morning after 20 minutes i definitely got warm and a bit sweaty.

Like anything i guess the trick is to keep at it, watch this space!

Definitely agree with the need to keep moving!

It's certainly getting me sweating, with the helpful removal of a slightly thicker winter skin (Cannot resist pigs in blankets and quality streets are on BOGOFF!) 😅:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom