Ring Doorbell Video 3 correct height advice

TomUK1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Currently have my ring video doorbell 3 installed at about 5ft, missing some notifications and I think it's because it's to high and the motion tracking isn't working properly so I'm going to move it down to 4ft

One thing I don't understand is where is the 4ft height starting from, the bottom of the doorbell, the middle, the top ? The manuals all say different things, the one I have that came with the doorbell (which could be outdated) shows a diagram pointing at the middle of the device, but the manual I found online for it says 'Install Video Doorbell approximately 1.2 metres above the ground for optimal performance.' Which would suggest 1.2m from the bottom of the doorbell

Might seem like a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right, do I install it 1.2m from the bottom of the device or the middle ? Not sure if it matters much

1st image is from my manual, 2nd one is from the online manual

Attachments

• 20220420_152907.jpg
    20220420_152907.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 134
  • doorbell1.jpg
    doorbell1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 464
Currently have my ring video doorbell 3 installed at about 5ft, missing some notifications and I think it's because it's to high and the motion tracking isn't working properly so I'm going to move it down to 4ft

One thing I don't understand is where is the 4ft height starting from, the bottom of the doorbell, the middle, the top ? The manuals all say different things, the one I have that came with the doorbell (which could be outdated) shows a diagram pointing at the middle of the device, but the manual I found online for it says 'Install Video Doorbell approximately 1.2 metres above the ground for optimal performance.' Which would suggest 1.2m from the bottom of the doorbell

Might seem like a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right, do I install it 1.2m from the bottom of the device or the middle ? Not sure if it matters much

Have the same issue. Bottom/middle/lens-height/top. Exactly as you say: just want to get it right. Might start questioning your obsessive-compulsive perfectionist tendencies when you roll out the laser-level! Try Googling images of "correct height for Ring Doorbell."

Looking at the first picture it would suggest 1.2m to the middle of the unit.. it has a line at that point?

Pretty sure that's where mine roughly is and seems to pick up plenty of notifications. I also found that when it was on battery only it was laggy... bought the plug in transformer and never misses anything now

Both images are saying the same thing, 1.2m to just below the centre point of the doorbell body.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom