Question Ring alarm system worth getting ?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just got the ring doorbell and I have to say I’m well pleased with it , looking into the alarm system and ring.com have the 5 piece system for £199 including an indoor camera and then 10% off with a ring plus subscription.
Seems like a good deal to me , just wondering what people thought 👍

I’ve just got the ring doorbell and I have to say I’m well pleased with it , looking into the alarm system and ring.com have the 5 piece system for £199 including an indoor camera and then 10% off with a ring plus subscription.
I’m very pleased with mine. Alerts are instant, and it’s easy to use.
It’s a pretty basic system, but I much prefer it to the ADT one we’d been paying £23 a month for for years.

As above, I'm happy with mine (11pcs). It's useful that the door and motion sensors can be used by Alexa for general non-alarm functions too. Turning on a welcome light in the hallway when the door is opened for example.
Only disappointment for me is that Ring don't sell the external sounder in the UK. Oh, and the extender is not needed in my home.

ring.com have the 5 piece system for £199 including an indoor camera and then 10% off with a ring plus subscription.
Ring alarms are often on deals, both on their site and Amazon. Just looked at that bundle on HUKD and it has been as low as £136, but more often at £169.

I keep watching but have never seen individual sensors at a discount though. They are not the cheapest, so it's better to get the right size bundle for your needs at the start.

Ring alarms are often on deals, both on their site and Amazon. Just looked at that bundle on HUKD and it has been as low as £136, but more often at £169.

I keep watching but have never seen individual sensors at a discount though. They are not the cheapest, so it's better to get the right size bundle for your needs at the start.
Was that just the 5 piece set out including the indoor camera ?

Got the five piece and indoor camera coming tomorrow , just got to work out where I’m going to put the bits now 🤣

This does sound great. Very close to purchasing, I'm looking into their 5 piece system myself. Can I ask if this is with rear lights too and would this be the best package as a small security bundle?

There are no lights included , still good value as a starter bundle as it includes an indoor camera , dead easy to setup as well 👍

Just take note there is a new version in usa with different sensors, keypad and possibly other changes. I have no idea when it will debut here.

An external siren will be available end of March.

An external siren will be available end of March.

Excellent.

How easy is it to fit the Siren alarm?
A doddle!
I had loft access and power in the loft so it was literally plugging it in drilling a hole and securing on the outside wall.
Very pleased with it too and I like the way it lights up at dusk. I think I paid around £50 at the time, may have gone up slightly but given the time of year, if you can, might be worth holding off for Black Friday deals as Amazon normally reduce Ring stuff then.

Just to add I like the accessories they keep adding.
As well as the alarm system (Gen 2) and the outdoor siren, I’ve added the Glass break sensor, the outdoor sensor on my front gate and outhouse and they even sent me a free solar security sign!

Amazon have got it all on offer - I've got an older traditional system which is a bit shit to be honest and I'm a little annoyed with the guy who sold it to me. Think I'll rip the lot out and install Ring myself.

Ring is a great system IMO. Easy to install and use with no false alarms or faults for me. As a bonus, the ring sensors can be used in Alexa to trigger lighting routines etc..
I never got arto buying the siren, but I have it in my list waiting for a price drop. But strange that the siren still needs batteries with an external supply. But no biggie.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom