Ring Alarm - Delayed UK release ?

Clement

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their UK Ring alarm delivered ?

I pre-ordered the system with 2 additional motion sensors and another contact sensor - with the lot to be delivered on launch day today.

Looks like I'll be getting the contact sensor and nothing else. The part of the order for the 2 motion sensors has just been cancelled as they aren't available (yes they are available on the amazon.co.uk webpage), and the main unit is now estimated for Saturday.

Kinda underwhlemed :nono:

Same as you, they're saying Saturday for the basic kit... Lucky for me they're delivering the extra contact sensors I ordered today, Shame I can't use them!

My guess is they've had a delivery issue with the kits, it's the same stuff they've been selling in the US for over a year so I can't see why it would be delayed for any other reason

Last edited:
Hi, i have the 5 piece kit on pre-order too. Called them up about it being delayed till Saturday and was told it's a "supply issue" and was offered a tenner in promotional credits that you can only spend on stuff cold and fulfilled by amazon so i'll pout that towards extra sensors i suppose. Bit of an anticlimax though

Well my delivery is an absolute disaster. The contact sensors are here, but I called Amazon to clarify and was told Saturday. I complained and to cut a long story short was promised it for nothing....except the idiot agent just cancelled my order. I've now had to re-order and its now coming Monday. Suffice to say i've reamed them.

you still getting it for free?
Not at the moment, i've got an email in to the director of customer services for the UK with an explanation of what happened. Considering they've screwed me over 3 times with this, my gut tells me i'll get something, but get it for free? I'm not so sure.

My alarm was delivered today along with the outstanding additional sensors.

I got a £10 reward card added to my account due to the delay (without asking for it).

I've finished installing it all and I'm really quite happy with it so far.

The Ring app does have an option for adding 3rd party z-wave devices but I've not seen any UK specific devices mentioned yet.

If anyone has a UK/EU Z-wave siren I'd love to know if you can pair it with the Ring Alarm.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom