Rik Mayall, Comedian and Actor 56yrs old

Just seen it flash up on the news. A great actor in his own rights.

Just seen it, wow. RIP Lord Flashheart.

Just seen this on the news as well, can't believe it, the bloke was a legend, glad I managed to see him on stage live in a Bottom special.

R.I.P.

Just saw this as well, really sad news, still watch Bottom every so often!

damn, loved him in the young ones and bottom

Such sad news. How many greats have we got to loose this year!

Awful news - so sorry to read about this. Saw him in Bottom live many years ago in Hereford, he and Ade were brilliant. Went to see him in the New Statesmen at Malvern but unfortunately he was unwell and couldn't perform - just wasn't the same without him.

He'll be hugely missed.

Gutted, loved watching the Young Ones and Bottom growing up. RIP :(

All the best.

Found this, laden with innuendo:

Lived off Bottom and the Young Ones whilst growing up, absolutely gutted. Tonight was supposed to be me sat watching GoT and the MS E3 conference, it's just turned into a Bottom marathon. RIP Rik.

Part of my comedy education.

RIP Rick xx

Unbelievably sad, shocking news. RIP Rik and thanks for all the laughs.

Woof! :(

Shocked at the news, loved watching the young ones, New Statesmen and bottom RIP Rik

Horrible news, couldn't believe it when I heard. One of my first comedy idols ... for those of us now in our 40s The Young Ones was our own special show that our parents disapproved of.

RIP Kevin Turvey/Alan B'Stard/Lord Flashheart/Richie/Rik

Damn, that is a shock, seemed like a great guy

loved his work

RIP

I'll echo here what I posted in another thread :

Very sad news indeed, I grew up watching Mayall and and the first wave of alternative comedians that meant we didn't have to find crap like Bernard Manning and the like funny. This comedy was ours, it defined our generation and personally massively influenced my sense of humour.

RIP Rik

I still remember the episode of Bottom all done at the top of a Ferris wheel - a whole episode in one place and they could have made it last an hour. Utterly tasteless genius along with the Dangerous Brothers.
I'll be laughing while shedding a tear this evening.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom