1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right then, tell me how to spend my money!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by curlywurly01, Jul 21, 2005.

1. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive recently sold all ma kef q's to my father, he loves them, and altogether got 1 K not bad? They only cost me 1.1k when i bought the lot :) . Now i have a yamaha rx-v640rds and a kef coda 80 centre speaker, nowt else. Im wanting to buy the kef IQ9s when they come out and one **** off subwoofer, not just a panzy one, one that does the business, and moves more the 135inchs of air(get the walkls and floor moving, so ive heard) so i mean i want your views on a pair of stereo fronts and a sub basically. I like kefs as you see from this, the q7's had trouble when cranked upto 27.5dB on the yamaha amp whilst being a 6 channel stereo mode, when i played - david gray - please forgive me - 4 minutes 10 secs onwards to a flat line bass responce, billie myers - kiss the rain - original intro to the song and deeper shades of euphoria disk one - track 3 - Dido / Here With Me (Rollo's Chillin' With The Family Mix) after intro. Give me what ya think, then im off spending my money :thumbsup:

2. 30CenturyMan

30CenturyMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Budget? :)

3. cabstar

cabstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

If you decide to get rid of the Kef Coda 80 centre speaker & it is in maple please let me know.

I am desperately trying to get hold of one for a centre rear on my setup. No problem getting a black or apple one from hyperfi who seem to have an abundance of those but no maples :thumbsdow

Why did you get rid of the Kef Q's out of interest??? This was going to be my next step now they have come down at superfi.

Regards

Gary

4. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Boasting about conning your Dad, that's really sad....

5. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well no that at all really, ive only had them for 3 months and id payed that 1.1k then, now theve gone back up and he wanted my system which was the kef q7's, kef q5's kef q4's and 2 kef psw 3000's. I thought that i was pretty fair on the deal dont you? :)

6. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i liked them but the music i listend to ws to demanding on the smaller speakers, like the tracks i suggested i suggested - especially billie myers intro. There good, but not good enough, ive being saving, really hard for these new iq9's and a sub so about 1.3K-1.5K on a new set up.i dont mind if that is only the iq9's and a sub or a sub and 4 more different speakers, als i can say is thati like kefs.

7. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive had a look for one, searched for the kef iq9s and these came up with them heres a link matey, hope this solves ye problem. Good luck

http://www.pjhifi.co.uk/pj/home_cinema.asp?man=Kef

8. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive had a look for one the kef 80 maple, searched for the kef iq9s and a maple kef coda 80 appered there too with them heres a link matey, hope this solves ye problem. Good luck

http://www.pjhifi.co.uk/pj/home_cinema.asp?man=Kef

9. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Just so long as Dad's happy!

I'm keen on Kefs as well. You could consider second hand Ref 2s or 3s but I think you've set your mind on the iQ9s. If you have enough cash left over then include SVS on your list of subs.

Cheers,

10. curlywurly01

curlywurly01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers, :)