• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Right i've gone and done it!

AV Monkey

Established Member
After much debate and research almost making my eyes bleed like that girl off hero's i finally pulled the trigger.:thumbsup: I originally ordered the TH42-pz85. Then after another couple of weeks pulling my hair out and constantly moving around a big bit of wrapping paper up and down the wall decided this afternoon to change the order for a TH46-pz85, phheeww. Feel much better now.;) Hopeing this will give me the best compromise for viewing sd sky+ stuff and upscaled dvd stuff at 11 feet. And blu-ray later from around 7/8 feet using a bean bag. I just have to forget the extra £300 it cost to go larger. Just got to wait a couple of weeks for stock to come in.
Thanks for everyone who has given me honest advice during this very difficult decision. And feel pretty happy i have made a good decision based on my budget.

AV Monkey

Established Member
Thanks for the reasurance and no i only read reviews for the 42" but after reading that iam so looking forward to getting it just hope the shop get it in quicker than the estimated 2 weeks. Although it gives me time to drill and fix the wall mount.

Hillie

Established Member
In the shop I compared the 42 and a 50 and with the distance I sit at at home, I picked the 50. Just unpacked and set it up, but I'm already used to it. Bigger is better for a screen. ;) Good choice on the 46! :smashin:

oxymoron08

Established Member
I have done a similar thing went for a 37PX80, but after a couple of faulty sets im tryin the samsung PS-42A457.

Would rahter have it slightly oversized.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom