Right-I want a Galaxy sized iPhone.

Azzin said:
I'm out and proud, I like the size of the SIII/IV! :D

I don't like Android as an O/S at all and I don't like the Galaxy as a piece of hardware, but I do like the larger screen.

For me, an iPhone the same size as a Galaxy is my idea of phone heaven. :devil:

Steve Jobs was vehemently against larger screens which you can't control with one hand. Now with Tim Cook anything is possible as Apple are just on an aggressive money making exercise right now, so who knows , we might see a larger screen iPhone 6.

Professor Chaos said:
Steve Jobs was vehemently against larger screens which you can't control with one hand. Now with Tim Cook anything is possible as Apple are just on an aggressive money making exercise right now, so who knows , we might see a larger screen iPhone 6.

I love my i5, but even though I've only had it since September, I would swap it for a Galaxy sized iPhone in a heartbeat.

Azzin said:
I love my i5, but even though I've only had it since September, I would swap it for a Galaxy sized iPhone in a heartbeat.

HTC One that's what I'm trading my i5 for... The best handset out there, build quality and customisation of android... Apple have bought this on theirselves I know alot of ppl jumping ship now !!

I'd like this too, I can't very well get another brand of phone as I've Applised myself. But I'm sticking with the 4s until Apple sort this out and bring out a decent sized phone.

Mhoram said:
I'd like this too, I can't very well get another brand of phone as I've Applised myself. But I'm sticking with the 4s until Apple sort this out and bring out a decent sized phone.

So am I, got an iPad, ATV, Macbook but I ain't being a sheep anymore I'm breaking the mould :)

Uncle Gadget said:
HTC One that's what I'm trading my i5 for... The best handset out there, build quality and customisation of android... Apple have bought this on theirselves I know alot of ppl jumping ship now !!

But it still falls down on 2 important criteria for me:

1) Android.

2) It just doesn't feel like a premium product.

I'm not blind and I know how wildly popular Android is, but I just don't like it (at all).

[Edit] - Out of interest, how many people do you know that are jumping ship/have jumped ship to non Apple phones?

Last edited:
Azzin said:
But it still falls down on 2 important criteria for me:

1) Android.

2) It just doesn't feel like a premium product.

I'm not blind and I know how wildly popular Android is, but I just don't like it (at all).

[Edit] - Out of interest, how many people do you know that are jumping ship/have jumped ship to non Apple phones?

IMO The One feels very premium all Aluminum yes please !!

Mates and work collegues of mine all had iPhones had enough, wanted decent size screens for media etc, I played with my mates One its fantastic the screen is gorgeous and its so fast !!

HTC One does feel premium, granted I've only played with it for 5-10 minutes but I really liked the build quality on initial impression. I tend to swap my phones every 6 months or so, was disappointed with the i5 as I prefer the look and feel of the 4s.

Will jumped on the HTC One when it loses its value in 2 months time with the launch of the S4, I'm fairly patient these days.

Its funny how many people were persistent on 3.5" being the perfect size. :laugh:

Last edited:
Would appear that my want to not have a stupid sized phone is in the minority. I have a laptop and an iPad for viewing things on bigger screens. I want my mobile to be a nice easy pocket size. iPhone 5 is perfectly fine in terms of size for me.

Would appear that my want to not have a stupid sized phone is in the minority. I have a laptop and an iPad for viewing things on bigger screens. I want my mobile to be a nice easy pocket size. iPhone 5 is perfectly fine in terms of size for me.

No... I'm with you. For the perfect balance of phone, App, vids and music (does anyone remember music?) the 5 is plenty big enough... in actual fact I'm not sure that I don't prefer the even-smaller 4s

Azzin said:
It's horses for courses and I totally get/respect the view of people that don't want a Galaxy sized phone.

However, I do, so let's see what Apple do (I think the move to a larger iPhone is inevitable personally).

Probably not in the next iPhone but more likely in the one after that

I think 4-inch screen is pretty enough for a smartphone (either iPhone or Android device). Those fablets are too large for calling.

I moved from the iphone 4 to the Samsung Note 2 and I have to admit it took a while to get used to Android and to set the phone up how I wanted it but now I have id be very reluctant to ever go back to a smaller handset.

People will say its too big and thats their opinion but for someone like me who rarely chats on the phone, I use my phones for texting and surfing and viewing media I find it perfect!

I look at it more like a mobile pc than a phone!

I had an iPhone 4 and when 4S came wanted a bigger screen so I went to Android with a Sensation XE(4.3") and then a Samsung S3 (4.8" screen). Like both although XE was a bit heavy/bulky in hand.

Since then bought more Apple stuff, iPads for kids, daughter got iPhone 4, and became more Apple'd. Waited until 5 came and was hoping for bigger screen than a 4" but still decided to buy as Android is great OS in some ways, but no way as smooth and slick as iOS. The home screen stutter/redraw was annoying on my S3, for a beast spec wise the OS must not be as well integrated as Apple and iOS is.

My biggest worry going from S3 to iPhone 5 was the screen size. I looked and looked and compared, holding side by side and thought I'd miss screen size loss too much. But you do get used to it. It is better to use in hand, S3 and XE was a 2 handed device, iPhone 5 can be used in one hand (handy for lots of applications, walking dog etc, sounds daft but true).

I would love a bigger screen, but I think in future Apple is going to have to have choice. As in a (lower price), "normal" one (as in now), and maybe a bigger screen. But then on other hand, with iPad mini I think they may not, 4" is 16:9 for media, and getting a 5" iPhone is too near to the iPad mini.

I'm glad I went back to an iPhone, the hardware is hands down the best, the iOS is lacking/limited in some ways, who knows what iOS7 will bring....

Last edited:
Amazing how quickly opinions can shift, and it wasn't long ago people were slating the size of Android phones. I happen to be in the switch camp and I'll be leaving Apple behind in search of new Android treasures as soon as the Samsung is released and I can compare that with the HTC One.

Amazing the fall from grace for such a forward thinking and innovative company, Apple are being completely left behind. Shame.

~dadam02~ said:
Amazing how quickly opinions can shift, and it wasn't long ago people were slating the size of Android phones. I happen to be in the switch camp and I'll be leaving Apple behind in search of new Android treasures as soon as the Samsung is released and I can compare that with the HTC One.

Amazing the fall from grace for such a forward thinking and innovative company, Apple are being completely left behind. Shame.

I would hardly say a fall from grace, they are still the richest tech company in the world and still sell shed loads of iPhones, yes as I mentioned in this thread I'm bored with the current phone and want something different but the i5 is still a great phone with a solid OS which I respect

I would hardly say a fall from grace, they are still the richest tech company in the world and still sell shed loads of iPhones, yes as I mentioned in this thread I'm bored with the current phone and want something different but the i5 is still a great phone with a solid OS which I respect
Well lets look at the evidence, Apple shares were trading at a high of approximately $700 per share on iPhone 5 announcement and today trade around $430 per share so ~40% drop in just over 6 months. Add to the fact that most places I've been reading have suggested folks are leaving in their droves.

They may be selling shed loads of phones but they are also losing market share at what seems to be an alarming rate and the market (share price) seems to back up that claim.

Apples market share will continue to decrease as expected due to the wide availability of smartphones compared to 2007.

Apple sells 25 million iPhones per quarter (last quarter they sold 47mil), that's a 100 million a year. If they maintain this trend then they have nothing to worry about. Market share has never been important, you just have to look the mac market to see how successful they've been with under a 10% share.

Apple won't be able to compete with Android on the mass scale market, you just have to look at the amount of £90 android phones which have flooded the market. But there is a market there for the premium handset which they've undoubtedly held for several years and will continue to do so. I think iPhone 5 still sold more than the S3 despite the negativity surrounding Apple.

Apples market share will continue to decrease as expected due to the wide availability of smartphones compared to 2007.

Apple sells 25 million iPhones per quarter (last quarter they sold 47mil), that's a 100 million a year. If they maintain this trend then they have nothing to worry about. Market share has never been important, you just have to look the mac market to see how successful they've been with under a 10% share.

Apple won't be able to compete with Android on the mass scale market, you just have to look at the amount of £90 android phones which have flooded the market. But there is a market there for the premium handset which they've undoubtedly held for several years and will continue to do so. I think iPhone 5 still sold more than the S3 despite the negativity surrounding Apple.

Tempted to agree. I know we're a bit off-topic but market share really isn't important as long as Apple continue to do well enough for innovation, R&D, etc. The rise of the smartphone over the next few years will mean that pretty much everyone will have one. I know this sounds nerdy, but I don't want them all to be iPhones...

Just for completeness my opinion has not changed. I have long stated that the Iphone was too small, and making it longer but not wider doesn't cut it.

However talk of 'leaving Apple behind' I think is very premature. The Android thing is ok, in fact it's better than ok, it's pretty good, but no better than that. It doesn't all hang together nicely with other devices like that Apple stuff does.

You can buy a lovely S3 or S4 then buy a reasonable Ipad clone and then a decent PC with Window's on it, but it doesn't hang together right, it's all a bit clumsy, naffing about with Kies, deary me :rolleyes: It works, it works, it doesn't work. Why doesn't it? lets spend 4 hours trawling through forums and support pages :rolleyes:

I'm not even a massive Apple fan...

Some Android phones are better than Iphones.

A decent PC will blow a Mac out of the water.

There are probably some tablets now that are better than the Ipad - the Microsoft thingy maybe.

The Roku might be better than the Apple TV for anything I know.

But these things don't hang together well. They all need naffing about with and herding all the time. I don't have time for this nonsense anymore, for a quiet, easy life, put up with small screen Iphone and buy the rest of the Apple clobber.

Honestly you will free up time for the stuff that actually matters, like writing long rambling posts on forums :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom