Right eye obscured when watching 3D movies

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by shailesh1, Jun 21, 2015.

1. shailesh1

shailesh1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I have just bought a 3D TV and am having a few issues trying to get this to work properly and am at a loss to work out what to do next. My setup is a HTPC running 64 bit Win 7, Q6600, 8GB RAM and originally a HD5450 GPU.

1. I purchased an R7 250X graphics card and installed this card. When watching 3D ISO movies using total media theatre 5, the right eye appears dark or obscured. Watching 3D movies using PowerDVD 13 is great but there are issues with the audio.

2. I had a GT630 installed in another machine which I installed in the HTPC. The audio problem in using PowerDVD 13 has gone and so has the right eye dark obscured issue in total media theatre 5 but the 3D is not very good at all. In fact, the movies do not look 3D at all. Not only that but I have a monitor connected using VGA but cannot get a signal when connecting the TV to the HDMI port. I have to connect using the DVI port and an adapter to the HDMI cable. Also, if I turn off the TV, the VGA monitor does not seem to get a signal so the TV has to be on to use the monitor.

I have tried various drivers, different settings but cannot seem to get this working correctly at all. My preferred option would be to use the R7 250X card as this seems to be the better card and the 3D works flawlessly.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am now completely stuck. Thanks.

Shailesh