Right Angled Optical Adaptor Or Cable

monty91

Standard Member
Reaction score
I’ve just received my Yamaha RXV6A, which I’m quite excited about after being without a receiver for a few years now. I’ve dug out my cables and have spent the afternoon setting up.
Unfortunately my Samsung TV, despite having side slot HDMI ports, has the optical port at the back. As its wall mounted, the optical port virtually touches the wall.
I realise I can buy a right angle optical adaptor, or even a right angled optical cable. The issue is, they all seem to be cheap Amazon numbers. I do like good quality cables, which all of my other interconnects are.
So to the question, does anyone use, or know of, a decent quality right angle cable please ?
The use of a £2 Amazon adaptor, just feels like it’ll be letting the side down, and my OCD will struggle to cope. 🙄😂

Like all cables they will either work or not. Lots of members use the Amazon cables. Nothing wrong with them.

Like all cables they will either work or not. Lots of members use the Amazon cables. Nothing wrong with them.
I find the problem with cheap cables is they work, then soon after, they don’t work, and you’ve got to pull everything out to diagnose the issue. I would rather buy good quality cables and circumvent those issues.
That said, I couldn’t find a decent option for a right angled optical cable, hence the post, so have had no other option than to buy the Amazon cable.

It does seem to be the cheap options on Amazon. I'm going to move your question to Cables and Switches, a few on there could perhaps help you. @Joe Fernand

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom