Right angle TV aerial cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by james1980, Sep 13, 2007.

1. james1980

james1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get a TV aerial cable that is at a right angle? I am struggling for space on the back of a wall mounted lcd with a sky magic eye and need one.

I found this one below at Maplin but that's just for a plug - it comes without the aerial cable - or is it a case of buying a couple of these and getting someone to make up the cables for me - or are they easy to convert yourself?

[ link removed ]

Thanks in advance

James

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Why not buy your own (quality) coaxial cable at the same time and cut and fit your own ?
    It really isn't a difficult or highly techie job.
    Websites exist to take you through the procedure - but you shouldn't really need them.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

3. james1980

james1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather just buy them if possible - unless you can point me in the direction of a website that shows how to do it?

Thanks for the response mate!

4. tojo

tojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,684
    I recently made up my own cables using the maplins 90 degree units as shown. It really is straightforward.

The cone shaped bit at the bottom pulls off. Place that small end first over the end of the unprepared cable (it's a bugger to do if you have stripped the coax cable before doing this). Even then it's a struggle so you may want to thread it on from the opposite end of the cable, large opening first.

Once removing the cone bit the black body splits open to reveal where the coax cable will get screwed in. Strip the cable as per the preious instructions. Just put the unprepared cable next to the open plug assembly so you can see how much to strip back and prepare. Tighten cable in place, close the black body (nearly snaps together) then push the cone bottom up the cable and onto the bottom of the black body to keep it closed. There you go!