Right angle RJ45 connectors?

Hi, is it possible to get right angle connectors for my cat5e cables? i want to connect my tv to my lan but it's wall mounted. i have right angle adaptors for all the hdmi sockets, but i can't find such items for the lan socket. any ideas? how do most people connect their wall mounted dnla tvs to their networks? :confused:

thanks.:)

damn! they look ideal but aren't long enough for my needs.:(

andy1249

Distinguished Member
There are lengths up to 4.5 meters , and you can get female to female connectors/couplers that shouldn't look too out of place and will work fine.

Amazon.co.uk: rj45 female to female

thanks.:smashin:

although, i'm slightly alarmed i didn't think of that obvious solution.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

maarten4

Standard Member
I had a similar problem with my new Samsung smart tv, which has the ethernet jack pointed straight out the back of the TV. What I did was remove most of the strain relief off of the back of the rj45 connector on one end of a cat 5e cable. This allows the cable to bend almost immediately behind the rj45 connector. With a couple of small cuts with an exacto knife, the plastic strain relief peels right off the cable quite easily which significantly reduces the clearance required. Just be careful not to pierce the cat 5e cable itself. This solved my problem immediately, cost me $0 - and the cable works just fine.

One of TV's HDMI cable jacks already came out flat into a recess (I only needed one) and the power plug had an immediate right angle - so this was the only clearance issue...
...Maarten

Last edited:

jammyb2004

Novice Member
Tis ashame that as smart and as thin as they are. The ports aren't parallel with the wall than 90 degrees to it!

Or do as the pioneers used to. A power port and a display port on the back to go to a separate AV box!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom