Ridisc double layer

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stereo Steve, May 5, 2007.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone used these DL discs before? I've used datawrite blue and yellow with no problems but not bought Ridisc before. Topdiscs are doing an offer of 10 discs for under a fiver and I'm thinking of stocking up with a couple hundred but worry they will not be as good as the datawrites. It's these ones here

http://www.topdiscs.co.uk./acatalog/special_offers.html

I would appreciate any comments on the performance of these.

2. JonnyTester

JonnyTester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    IMO, Ridisc make pretty decent discs, although haven't yet tried the DL's but at this price I might just do that now. Nice find.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've ordered a few tubs to try. I can't find DL any cheaper on the web anywhere. Even SVp are selling these for about £6.

4. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    i dunno about those discs, there's no review on svp. i dunno how many you ordered, but i had a look at ordering 2 packs at £4.99 each, and the delivery is £3.99 plus vat, so it works our more than svp who have 99p shipping on this weekend if you order over £30

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I bought 50 so it's still cheaper with Topdiscs as thats a saving of £6.75 on the discs over svp. Will just have to see if they are any good. Nice to see double layer coming down in price anyway.

6. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyway, 2 packs from SVP costs £17.38 with the cheapest shipping option against £14.67 from topdiscs. If you get up to the £30 then you are buying 6 packs from svp even with the 99p shipping you are spending £39.23. At topdiscs, 6 packs will cost you £35.82 inc shipping at £4.99.

Don't mean to be a pedant but I hate to think I paid too much!

7. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    i kinda realised that just after i posted, if you just wanted a couple of tubs it's cheaper. i'm always after the best VFM so will usually increase the order to save on shipping as i'll use the stuff in the end and it'll save me running out. i just thought £5ish delivery on 20 discs was a bit high

i think i'm going to get the HP discs again as i had less problems with them. it's hard to tell if its the burner or the discs. i'm trying to avoid the cheaper dual layer media as i've had a few coaster in the past, and i hardly use them much. not only that it's a pain waiting so long to burn to find it didnt work and you have to start again (i've only used 2.4x before)

anyway i hope they work well, as even at svp price it's decent for 8x if they work well

8. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, the postage is a bit high for small orders but it's £4.99 max so if you put a decent order together they are very competitive. I've used the verbatim once or twice with no probs, got them off burn media I think.