Ridiculous decision or necessary?

Usual greed,greed,greed.
Far to many greedy people around in this country nowadays.

Not sure how charging staff £10 an hour would have magicked out the required new parking.... and the alternative means suggested to staff I imagine would be on the presumption they are practicable as well as accessible

Last edited:
A ridiculous idea. Especially as many of the staff will work unsociable hours and overnight shifts with no public transport alternative, are ladies travelling to and from work alone, etc. Why would the hospital be suggesting parking 2 miles away and walking into work?

you typically find that those who make and dream up the changes are in the "im all right mate" group. Yes you can park afar or pay the charge to park in the hossie car park..

Look at us they say. We dont park there either.

No they just park in a nice secluded car park around the back so its even less further to walk!!

My wife is a nurse at George Eliot hospital in Nuneaton and she has to pay to park her car there. With late shifts finishing at 10:00pm it isn't an option to have nurses wandering the streets at that time of night looking for their cars.

Do the bosses get their own parking slots?

I have a crazy idea that may solve this kind of problem, bit out of the ordinary but bear with me - how about building another car park?:suicide:

seems blindingly obvious to me

Disgusting.

I think it's dreadfull the whole charging peeps to visit hospital thing. Charging staff who actually work there is taking the biscuit. Even immoral.

Seems to be the norm for people in cars to be ripped off wherever they go.

Airports, hospitals, Alton Towers:rolleyes: Where next, supermarkets:eek:

Realy got out of hand over the last 10 years.

Symptomatic of a Labour government imo.

I have a crazy idea that may solve this kind of problem, bit out of the ordinary but bear with me - how about building another car park?:suicide:

seems blindingly obvious to me

Most hospitals don't have the spare space to build more carparks. If they did and they built more carparks no doubt there would be an outcry that they should have built more wards instead

Hi,

Like many of you, charging staff to park, especially at a place like a hospital, is wrong in so many ways. Definitely a :thumbsdow from me on this.

Pooch

My wife is a nurse at George Eliot hospital in Nuneaton and she has to pay to park her car there. With late shifts finishing at 10:00pm it isn't an option to have nurses wandering the streets at that time of night looking for their cars.

Ian, some of the trade unions are achieving positive results after robust campaigning on this very subject (http://www.unisonglasgowclyde.com/unison_news_website_display.php?newsid=486) perhaps your wife can encourage local union branches to raise the profile on this if they are not already doing so.

Whilst it seems there is obviously a need for more parking, it's not as simple as saying just builld another car park. There possibly isn't the space and there obviously isn't the funds at the moment. But to suggest charging the staff at a ridiculous rate is just laughable. Where do these people get their ideas from?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom