Ridge Racer 7 - WHAT DO YOU THINK

T

TLT

Hi there,

Maybe we should get the ball rolling on this section on the forum.

What does everyone have to say on the Ridge Racer 7 as I've been playing it for the last few days now and I love it to bits.

It's got its online battle, championship, arcade and so much more.

Please tell me your thoughts:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have played the demo, and I've played the 360 version, tbh its not my kind of game. Now Motorstorm, thats a different story, I think I'm gonna get that when it comes out! IGN have played a newer demo version than the one thats on the PS store and they say its much better than that!

I love it cause all the online games are wicked. you have to open its full potential other than just demos.

Yer Dizzyman the graphics are incredible.

The backgrounds are so clear and every detail has been taken into mind.

How much have you completed so far?

I'M ONLY ON 12%:rolleyes:

Recently (last year) completed RR on my PSP. More of same just better graphics. I've played the demo but won't be buying it.

After years of Playing RR going back to original arcade machines I've finally had enough especially as I'm not really into on-line gaming.

how come.

I was exactly the cause i thought it was going to be ahassle but i pluged the LAN cable in and intsantly i was playing.

Its much better than the PSP version it has a massive single player mode and a very good online setup including time attack ranking. 360 had about 34hours single player and this is susposed to be larger (and improved with doing races for teams and the hero channels). Im a big RR fan like I said (own all 3 versions) and they have moved on dramatically from the PSP version (and the cheapo sequel what they released on PSP).

Of course if you dont like arcade racers you wont like it, but I go play stuff like PGR3/TDU instead on days like that.

So is it that much different to the 360 version to warrant purchase?

Please say no as i can barely afford toilet paper at the moment.

So is it that much different to the 360 version to warrant purchase?

Please say no as i can barely afford toilet paper at the moment.

lol...the short answer is no...

if you've already got the 360 version then you're not missing much...

it has a few new features but nothing overly exciting to warrent basically a "variant" of the 360 version!

Thought I'd bump this thread as it's at the bottom of the pile and I'm seriously enjoying it.

Up to about 55% at the moment :smashin:

Looks like i'll be picking it up then :). Played Ridge Racer Type 4 on PS1, nothing since.. avoided RR6 as I was watching RR7 on PS3! Knew they used the same tracks so saved it :D.

I take it online mode makes it much more interesting? AI never was up to much in RR.

Hammered it on my 360. Wouldn't buy it again. Prefer to wait for F1 really....

I've got the orig on the 360 and loved it, now on ps3 in 1080p with car customisation modes it's even better, superb game, and a must for any riiiiiidge raaaaacer fans out there.

Superb online too, no shortage of games to be had, and having only just finished all the grand prix tracks there's still loads more to go, loads of underground races and parts to win, so plenty of life in it yet.

My most played PS3 game atm

I had my first serious spat of online fun this evening, and it was great. Won my first online race too. I was soo chuffed when 5 mins later, on the news ticker thing at the bottom of my screen, I saw a note credited to myself, saying I was an upcoming ridge racer and all that. :rotfl:

I didn't experience much noticeable lag either, despite playing with 2 Americans, one German and two Japanese in the same race :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom