Ridge Racer 7 - Play And Help Thread

danaldinho7

Ex Member
Reaction score
This games doesn't seem to be too popular on here, no one seems to talk about it to the extent they do Motorstorm etc...well I love it so thought I'd start a discussion thread.

What percentage is everyone on?
Favourite car(s)?
Worst Car(s)?

get the drift? - pun intended!

It's a good game, I reached 85%-90% but stopped playing it more than a month ago. The last couple of challenges are very hard and when you actually win the special cars like the Devil Car you realise they're only good when the CPU is using them - you cannot customise them to have extra nitrous etc so you're better off using normal cars and customising them the way you like them.

Online is good - provided you can join a room (it's problematic sometimes).

I'm around 66% just trying to win get some more plug-ins so doing some single event races on there on own to get maunfacutrers points up

anyone else seen the Star Wars Tie Fighter when doing the UFRA Time Attack Diamond, going around Mist Falls after you come out of a tunnel around a corner about 3/4 through the lap?

I'm around 66% just trying to win get some more plug-ins so doing some single event races on there on own to get maunfacutrers points up

anyone else seen the Star Wars Tie Fighter when doing the UFRA Time Attack Diamond, going around Mist Falls after you come out of a tunnel around a corner about 3/4 through the lap?

I'm not that far in yet but thanks for the tip i'll keep an eye out for it.. does it show up in the replay just in case i miss it during the race.

I wondered what them things were flying about,there must have been dozens of em:) i know it was mist falls but think it was just a singleplayer race when i looked up and the sky was full of what looked like mint cream thingy's! that's strange i thought:D
Anyway i'm about 97% in the singleplayer but not one online race yet!
I had a problem beating the Crinale in duel race but used the Angelus to beat it in the end,was pretty easy after 873 practice attempts:)

Is there any way to copy a savegame from one profile to another and keep the same % complete progress?

I'm fairly new to this game and must admit find it tough on some of the tracks. How do you get manufacturers points (I have read the booklet, but which races are 'manufacture sponsored etc)? Can the difficulty be changed, like to easy, for us beginners? Or do we just have to tough it out? I love the game but constantly loosing is starting to loose it's appeal.

Manufcaturers Trials - do these to get the 1 point needed to buy stuff from them, more become available as you progress through the games and when you win more races you get more points.

If you're loosing you might be banging into the other cars and/or the walls which really damages your speed and can be the difference between winning and loosing...it is hard at first but once you learn to focus and drive like a god it becomes easier

I bought RR7 as my very first PS3 game, actually I have posted a thread about it.

Personally I prefer Soldat cars, which are very fast, but also very hard to control...

I quite like this game, but is the demo as hard as the full game?

poped this on about a month ago and just got round to playing it, it starts off a little slow but ive played arcade, and i just wanted to know one thing is the fastest car in arcade, the fastest you can go in the game or does it get v-fast later on, i think in arcade the fastest you can go is 257mph i think...i want to go faster like wipeout, is it gonna happen in career mode

Have just acquired RR7, but I'm having a problem in using the motion steering facility. I go into options, choose it and then save it, but whenever I run the game, the only thing that steers is the left stick. What should I be doing. And I keep coming across the option of installing onto PS3 hard disc. Is this necessary. If not, what is benefit.

Sorry if all this sounds stupid to experienced gamers, but at the ripe old age of, well let's just say the worng side of 55, I'm just getting into this. Thanks

I picked this up the other day from shopto for £25. I am actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I am about 50% done and have just unlocked some sort of anti gravity hovercraft thing. It's cool, if anyone still plays this we should setup a few race nights or something.:)

I picked this up the other day from shopto for £25. I am actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I am about 50% done and have just unlocked some sort of anti gravity hovercraft thing. It's cool, if anyone still plays this we should setup a few race nights or something.:)

yer totally up for it dude, sometime next week

add me: danstar

I traded fight night round 3 for this game best bit of business i ever did in game :D I love the graphics and the fun gameplay nothing beats when you come 1st in a race. I remember once i was starting in 14th place and by the end of the 2nd lap i was in 1st place then when i was on the final lap i was coming near to the finishing line when i got pipped to the line by the computer arghh so i had to do the whole race again lol. How do i check what percentage i am on? donaldinho what is your psn tag?

Do you think we should do a kind of clan thread similar to R6V so we can arrange games, share names and chat etc ?:)

Yeh mate thats a good idea you know sounds cool but one problem could be is that some people might be at a disadvantage because some people might have faster cars than them.

I played a couple of times with Marvell the other night and he made a room where we all had the same class of cars to choose from. We could just do that so that no one is at a disadvantage.

Yeh that sounds like a good idea mate count me in :smashin: going to play it now hehe

I traded fight night round 3 for this game best bit of business i ever did in game :D I love the graphics and the fun gameplay nothing beats when you come 1st in a race. I remember once i was starting in 14th place and by the end of the 2nd lap i was in 1st place then when i was on the final lap i was coming near to the finishing line when i got pipped to the line by the computer arghh so i had to do the whole race again lol. How do i check what percentage i am on? danaldinho what is your psn tag?

it's danstar...if you add me today I will be able to play on monday as I am at my dads this weekend and he only has the worst game ever - Motorstorm, R:FOM which I'm not allowed to play whilst he attempts to complete on Superhuman and F1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom