Richie's livingroom setup

Richie1967

Novice Member
I just upgraded my frontspeakers from Mordaunt-Short 904's to Mordaunt-Short 908's. With also pics of the surround speakers (uploaded 20 januari).

uploaded one more pic june 9 2011

avupload.jpg

avupload1.jpg

avupload2.jpg

avupload3.jpg

Uploaded januari 15 2011

avupload7.jpg

avupload4.jpg

Uploaded januari 20 2011

avupload9.jpg

avupload8.jpg

avupload10.jpg

Uploaded januari 21 2011

avupload11.jpg

Uploaded may 23 2011

lx53.jpg

Uploaded june 9 2011

Kimber Kable 8PR and spades:

kimber1.jpg

Couple hours later the cable is ready for Bi-Amping:

kimber2.jpg

Uploaded june 22 2011

avupload12.jpg

avupload13.jpg

avupload14.jpg

avupload15.jpg

avupload16.jpg

Spikes on new ViaBlue black chrome discs
avupload17.jpg

New Kimber 8PR in place:
avupload18.jpg

Greetz Richie​

Last edited:

Darrenraymond

Very nice.

Id remove the phone and plant though from the tops of the speakers, spoils the clean look of the setup..

Last edited:

Richie1967

Novice Member
Very nice.

Id remove the phone and plant though from the tops of the speakers, spoiles the clean look of the setup..

You're totally right.......but there's a wife in the house also.....:smashin:

Greetz Richie

Darrenraymond

Where did you pick up you glass shelf for your centre speaker. Could do with somthing like this myself.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Very nice indeed. I think I can understand the plant, it's a small price for the kit you've been allowed there.

Silverblack

wow really takes me back when i had my mordaunt shorts. i had the same colour as you do to, only i had the standmounts as fronts and rears with the same center as yours and the 309 sub.

it's a really clean looking setup you have really impressive.:smashin:

Richie1967

Novice Member
Where did you pick up you glass shelf for your centre speaker. Could do with somthing like this myself.

I'm from The Netherlands and i bought it at a local hardware store, they have a lot of shelfs to choose from.
The system is made by Duraline, this is what i used:

Collection - Duraline

Don't know if they're sold in the UK though.

Greetz Richie

Richie1967

Novice Member
Just uploaded two more pics in post 1

Greetz Richie

ruaridh66

Standard Member
I have my Blu ray player on top of my amp on an open glass stand and it gets as hot as hell, do you have any cooling in the cab?

Richie1967

Novice Member
I have my Blu ray player on top of my amp on an open glass stand and it gets as hot as hell, do you have any cooling in the cab?

Nope, no cooling in the cabinet. This cabinet original wasn't deep enough, so i added about 4 inches. The amp is sticking through the back of the cabinet and the back of the amp (where the power-amps are) has got plenty breathing room. Of course the amp is still getting fairly warm bot not to hot in my opinion. I thought about changing the position of the TV-box and the blu-ray because the TV-box is a lot smaller, but i never did. The amp is running several years with another (less deep) devivice on top, never had any problems.

Greetz Richie

Richie1967

Novice Member
Little update today, took some pics of the surround speakers and the front living overview. I also uploaded the dutch television channel symbols into the Harmony One, it looks great.

The pics are in post 1

Greetz Richie​

Last edited:

Richie1967

Novice Member
Thanks for all the reply's everybody:smashin:

I'm uploading another pic today, it's my subwoofer. I'm almost a bit embarrassed :blush: seeing all the mighty subs on this forum ;). It's quite an old sub, about 12 years and it's very little (it fits under the sofa). It's a JVC SP-PW3000 and it still works.

I uploaded the pic in post 1 (also removed the pics from post 22 and put them in post 1).

Next upgrade will be changing the front speaker wiring. I'm thinking about the Kimber 8PR cable. Obviously the sub needs to be replaced also. For the sub, the Klipsch Sub-12 has got my interest. It could take a while though, the setup is not my biggest priority right now, i'll keep the threat updated.

Greetz Richie

Last edited:

AV Happy

Thats one wonderful looking setup you have there.

Also great photos i wish i could get quality photo's like that. My wife has a DSLR but i cant work it :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Trinnov Audio announces Crestron Home driver
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces upgrades to 14 and 15 Series amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods