1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

richer sounds

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hamtaro, Mar 11, 2003.

1. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a while back i picked up 2 pairs of mission 773e,s and a 771 center speaker, and they were a absolute bargain. i don,t know much about speakers, only you get what you pay for?anyway i never got a sub, [ i simply did,nt have the cash]i notice that richer have some eltax models , and although not a permanent solution ,would i be wasting my time complementing the missions with these eltax things. i have been told mission speakers when run in will provide better bass levels than a cheap sub, and i would be wasting my time pairing the 2 up. my front room is about 20 ft x 12 ft [rectangular]. i was contemplating a rel at a later date but don,t want the missions to be overpowered. any advice please.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You need a sub. Those 773e's are a bit bass light IMO. Whether an Eltax is the answer? :rolleyes: I would say no. Save a bit more for a better sub or tap Uncle Eric for one of his new VX Velodynes - supposed to be great and he is planning to give them away for just £199!

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Give them away £199 ... we have different meanings of "giving them away" ;-)

Steff

4. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I recently got a Gale sub from RS, coz I just had to try and use all the connections on my new VA555ES..:D
    It was an impulse buy, didn't do the research etc, and while rather pleased with it at the time, now want to upgrade it already...

It added another dimension to my setup, now I just need to do it correctly. £150 would have gone a long way towards a better one!

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82