Richer sounds. What replacement should i expect

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mooncat, Mar 7, 2013.

1. mooncat

mooncat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ya. My panny txp50g10b has died and ive goto have a replacement. 5 year warrenty.

Cant get a straight answer on phone over what they will offer me and goto go to store.

My set has freesat built in which i 100 % need.

What should i expect to be offered????

Id like to know as i research what tv i buy before i buy them

2. tvmcp

tvmcp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Its hard to see what they can offer you that is the same display type and size and has freesat, from what they are selling now.

You should at least be able to expect the same sized TV, and have the same make. If none are available with the freesat, then you could ask for an additional freesat box along with any TV they offer you.

I would also be expecting a replacement up to the value of what I originally spent, so it will depend how much you piad to start with.

3. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    They will repair your TV come what may to honour there own guarantee , what makes you think they will just give you a new one ?

Very few TV's have freesat built in now The very top Samsung ES8000 or the Panasonic WT60 ( LED ) or VT60 ( plasma ) -- now if you got one of them for free that would be a result !

4. mooncat

mooncat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry forgot to add. Theyve said its beyond repair

5. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Nothing is beyond repair , they just do not want to spend the money on sending it to a pana repairer . Maybe just maybe not realising the freesat implications or rather the cost implications , thinking you will just accept a budget replacement . All parts are available for g10 . Has your got the RS warranty or the Pana 5 year Guarantee . Both will be fully honoured but if its RS own guarantee it could be cheaper for them to give you a new budget Tv rather than fix yours .

6. mooncat

mooncat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Main panel is dead. Its the rs 5 year. And the way it was bundled in the van ill be suprised if its still in one bit:laugh:

7. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Have a look on this link - lines 1 , 6 & 7
    Search results for TX-P50g10

You will see that its probably a cash issue , but some "old style" repairers can repair to component level rather than scrapping a once excellent TV just because they are now only panel swapping . That is not repairing in the true sense . I hope you get something sorted out but you may have to hold out for freesat and expect a fight LOL

8. mooncat

mooncat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies. Id be quite happy for my old tv back as i chose that one perfectly. But thats no possible.
    I need freesat as i live in a rubbish tv area. And to be honest they talked me into freesat built in and warrenty.

Ill let you know how i get on tmrw....

9. Lostsoul 301281

Lostsoul 301281

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    It seems I may be in the same boat as the OP.
    As of yesterday(15/3/14) my HDMI port 2 is no longer working.
    The TV is still JUST inside the extended 5 year warranty(runs out 14/12/14).
    I'm going to call my local Richer Sounds in the morning when they open.

The warranty says they arrange repairs(and pick up on TVs over 37"), but what should I expect in terms of time taken for repair, or even what sort of replacement if a repair isn't possible.

10. BlueHorizonUK

BlueHorizonUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What happened?

11. Lostsoul 301281

Lostsoul 301281

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    So, I phoned Richer Sounds warrenty customer help line, and they arranged a pick up for repair and temp replacement with a local company called Visual FX.
    I got a phone call this morning telling me they'd be here between 3pm and 5pm.
    Then, just before 4pm, I got a text saying they were running late due to traffic(I call bullsh*t as I drive for a car spares company and we deliver within a 15 mile radius of west Thurrock, and the roads were fine) and they'd get to my house between 5pm and 6pm.
    Around 5:45pm another text came through saying they were still late and would be another 20-30 minutes(still call bullsh*t as the roads around Thurrock were still okay, even for rush hour).

They finally turn up, make notes on the fault, take photos of the TV's current condition(if it comes back in any condition other than that which it left in, I'm kicking up a sh*t storm), covered it in a plastic cover, and then put it in a huge, slightly padded "bag" to take it away in.
    I have been left with a temp replacement.
    A Sharp 32" LCD. And it is utter sh*te!
    And I swear it isn't 32".
    My old TV, which my mum is currently using down stairs, is a 32" and that looks bigger.

I'm now stuck with this POS loaner for at least 5 days.
    They actually said it would take between 7 and 10 days, but if I hadn't heard anything within 5 to give them a call for a progress update.
    I don't think I'll be using this thing much as it's doing my head in.
    All the colours are off, as well as the brightness/contrast, and I can't seem to get the adjustments right.
    So I probably won't be playing either my brand new Xbox One or my Xbox360, or even watching much TV or any films for the next week or so.