• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Richer sounds warranty

Huxley2021

Novice Member
Turned on Samsung tv today have horizontal black and coloured vertical lines. Have richer sounds warranty sent pictures they have diagnosed as impact damage which is 100% incorrect and therefore inferred I am claiming for damaging tv

no marks on screen panel or surround and I know it has Had no impact Lines just appeared and people say this happens please help

Attachments

• 2300EBD5-32F2-4038-8BF3-4A16A5EBD717.jpeg
    2300EBD5-32F2-4038-8BF3-4A16A5EBD717.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 279

MaryWhitehouse

Sorry does look like impact damage.

[email protected]

I would think looking at the images that a conclusion of impact or pressure damage is right, I'm afraid..arrays don't fail in that pattern.
By all means see if you can get an independent assessment but I think you'd be lucky for anyone to come to a different conclusion.

Huxley2021

Novice Member
I would think looking at the images that a conclusion of impact or pressure damage is right, I'm afraid..arrays don't fail in that pattern.
By all means see if you can get an independent assessment but I think you'd be lucky for anyone to come to a different conclusion.
Definitely would know if I had impact tv sitting in corner only two in house no kids honestly not damaged it how do you fix it

MaryWhitehouse

Definitely would know if I had impact tv sitting in corner only two in house no kids honestly not damaged it how do you fix it

You have a new panel fitted or buy a new tv.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'd have to agree with both the above in that it looks like an impact or pressure.

Possibly your house contents insurance might cover accidental damage?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
How would a claim like this affect your premiums next year I wonder?

Probably hardly at all.
Turned on Samsung tv today have horizontal black and coloured vertical lines. Have richer sounds warranty sent pictures they have diagnosed as impact damage which is 100% incorrect and therefore inferred I am claiming for damaging tv

no marks on screen panel or surround and I know it has Had no impact Lines just appeared and people say this happens please help

Definitely looks like an impact so I can see why they have come back with that conclusion. Your only option is via your home contents insurance for accidental damage but word it well. i.e. if you tell your insurance company that it hasn't been damaged then they wont pay out so you will be stuck in limbo.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Only thing I would add is that if there are no physical signs of damage they would need to prove there was. Independent assessment is probably the way to go

shagaboopon

Only thing I would add is that if there are no physical signs of damage they would need to prove there was. Independent assessment is probably the way to go

The type of damage is an indicator of proof in this instance, so any expert would likely draw the same conclusion. I'm not accusing the OP of lying but something has caused that failure and in my experience its indicative of pressure or impact damage which doesn't always mark the exterior of the screen.

Is the TV wall mounted, if so it's worth noting that has been a common theme with random screen failures for others in the past.

Hope you get sorted with a solution somehow.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
I completely take your point but opinion is not proof especially from a distance from the retailer. However it needs a professional technicians hands on investigation. If that confirms the cause then household insurance is the only option.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom