Richer sounds warranty Question.

unimpressed

Novice Member
Does anyone know the terms of Richer sounds 6 yr warranty in November 2018 please? I am not being offered a like for like replacement as they cannot fix a Hisense that was 2 years 5 months old, so only 5 months past manufacturer warranty. not happy about this. They offered vouchers but only 70% of initial cost. TIA.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
What's is the TV model and how much did you buy it for?

70% after 2.5 years sounds fair, I've seen worse. I'm sure you can buy the same spec TV for 70% value they are offering.

unimpressed

Novice Member
I disagree, like for like would be fair, I don't mind adding some money for a higher spec though. How could I get the same specs for less money? prices go up not down. Reading some threads on here people have got replacements even when the TV is 5 years old.

Hokusai Wave

From the RS website

1. If the unit cannot be repaired we will offer vouchers to the current value of the unit taking into account age, condition and use.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
I disagree, like for like would be fair, I don't mind adding some money for a higher spec though. How could I get the same specs for less money? prices go up not down. Reading some threads on here people have got replacements even when the TV is 5 years old.
Prices go down for aging tech. If you provide me the model of your TV and the price you paid off, I'm sure the like for like will be the same value.

I purchased a 65" LG OLED 2 years ago for £2,300, the LG CX can be had for £1,700 (£1,500 2 months ago).

lynx

What are the same items selling for on auction sites?

pastrybloke19

70% seems reasonable to me, given that tech does get cheaper over time; if my AG9 broke tomorrow, I know I would get what I paid for it in vouchers, but at a level where I can buy an equivalent - then I can add more if I do so wish to upgrade.

if you post the info on the tv (model, price paid), I am sure people will be able to give specific advice on what would be a fair replacement

unimpressed

Novice Member
Thanks for all the replies, I have had a satisfactory response from RS (Tom) who gave me a good discount on a new TV. For those saying to buy an equivalent with the vouchers that's not easy if they don't have them, it was a cheap Hisense and they didn't even have current models in stock when I tried to order a replacement so I went for a cheap LG which had a larger price difference. It's all sorted now and I have a bedroom TV again. :)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom