Richer Sounds warranty for vividstorm UST/ALR floor rising screen (creases)

lawrefc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering buying an Epson LS500 projector with a Vividstorm 120 inch UST/ALR floor rising screen. Richer Sounds sells both these items.

I have done some research on the Vividstorm screen. It looks great, but some people have reported visible creases in this screen, even after leaving the screen open for a few days/couple of weeks. They have also reported some difficulties returning the screen if there are problems.

I don't care if there are creases visible up close, but I will be viewing the screen from a distance of just over 3.5 meters and I would not want to see any visible creases from that distance. Based on any experience you guys have with Richer Sounds, if I buy from them and see visible creases from that distance, what would you say are the chances that they will honor the warranty, and offer me a refund and/or a replacement? I will be visiting one of their stores soon, but just wanted a bit of feedback before going in.

Would I get any additional protection by buying from RS online (rather than in-store)?

Is there anything more I could do to protect myself, for example ask them at the store to give me written confirmation that they will refund if there are any visible creases at a viewing distance of 3.5 meters? This screen costs £2499, so at that price, I don't want any problems at all with the screen.

One alternative is buying this screen from US Amazon (cheaper than Richer Sounds but long delivery time and some additional hassle). Would that offer me more protection? I think Amazon are normally pretty good at offering a full refund if there are any problems?

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks,

L.

We tend to find the Vividstorm screens are great, some do have slight lines across the screen but nothing too drastic. This is from when it is wound up in the case and where the screen material is joined to the normal material. This does tend to be slightly more noticeable on the drop down screens but still nothing to be concerned about especially on the floor rising screens.

Once you have your projector on and are 2+ meters back from the screen you can't notice them at all!

We have sold a lot of Vividstorm screens and we haven't had any complaints about creases!

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

We tend to find the Vividstorm screens are great, some do have slight lines across the screen but nothing too drastic. This is from when it is wound up in the case and where the screen material is joined to the normal material. This does tend to be slightly more noticeable on the drop down screens but still nothing to be concerned about especially on the floor rising screens.

Once you have your projector on and are 2+ meters back from the screen you can't notice them at all!

We have sold a lot of Vividstorm screens and we haven't had any complaints about creases!

I hope that helps!

Thanks!
Hi,

Thanks for replying; that is very reassuring. I'm still looking at options but this screen does look very promising.

L.

Hi,

Thanks for replying; that is very reassuring. I'm still looking at options but this screen does look very promising.

L.

I have been looking at options for the 110 or 120 inch acoustic perforated ones, so I have the option of rising the screen in front of CX and wall mount soundbar.

I notice a seller on EBay that have them significantly cheaper than RS and am even considering buying directly from Vivdstorm China via Alibaba but worried about import duties and the hassle of any potential returns.

I have been looking at options for the 110 or 120 inch acoustic perforated ones, so I have the option of rising the screen in front of CX and wall mount soundbar.

I notice a seller on EBay that have them significantly cheaper than RS and am even considering buying directly from Vivdstorm China via Alibaba but worried about import duties and the hassle of any potential returns.
Feel free to have a look on our site as we sell the whole Vividstorm Range, we hold stock in the UK and can also get other variations shipped from Vividstorm so you don't have to worry about import costs.

We also offer ongoing technical support after the 2 year manufacturer warranty expires!

www.Keene.co.uk

I've got a floor rising Vividstorm screen and it is amazing. For me, I don't notice any creases at all from 2 metres away. I don't leave the screen up either, it always gets rolled back up after use.

Hi,

Quick update, I did buy the vividstorm 120" floor-rising UST screen and the Epson LS500 (I suffer quite badly from the rainbow effect, unfortunately, so can't go with DLP).

The screen is really good. Slight horizontal creases, looking like black lines, are visible close up as you open the screen, but become less visible as the screen fully opens and stretches, but these are not visible once you sit 3-4 metres away, and as soon as you start watching the projector, all you see is a really uniform screen with no creases/wrinkles visible whatsoever. So I'm VERY happy.

The Epson with this screen looks amazing. I have white walls and ceiling, and the contrast at night is really good, amazing in fact. The only slight issue is that the Epson has to be quite distant from the screen, so not automatically ideal for a lounge (unless you want to move the unit in and out each time you use it). I believe the UST laser DLPs have a shorter throw, so might be worth looking at if you don't suffer from the RBE.

Bought it from Richer Sounds (mostly to benefit from buy now pay later). 2 year warranty, it all went smoothly, delivery was fine, DHL, but the guy was on his own so I helped him to bring it in. On his own, he could have damaged himself and/or the screen (box is heavy and around 3m long).

Also worth looking at Keene, they are very very professional and friendly, spoke to them on the phone, a few hundred quid cheaper and 2 year warranty also. But as mentioned, decided to go with RS.

Altogether, very happy.

L.

Feel free to have a look on our site as we sell the whole Vividstorm Range, we hold stock in the UK and can also get other variations shipped from Vividstorm so you don't have to worry about import costs.

We also offer ongoing technical support after the 2 year manufacturer warranty expires!

www.Keene.co.uk
Would love to look at your website but am being blocked by Malwarebytes and also Windows Defender due to Trojan warnings - have also posted on your FB page. Sorry to divert the thread this way.

My 120" vividstorm has developed a diagonal wave in the material top right corner. They said I can try a heat source (did hairdryer) but to no avail.
Bit over £1k shipped from China to NZ. It came quickly, more so than the ETA.

Customer support great, sometimes emails are answered within an hour. They actually first offered me a replacement but I wanted to see if I could fix it.

Screen itself does have a central hotspot but hard to notice outside of one uniform colour being displayed.

In a white room (I'm renting) the contrast is really great. You can see speckles if you hunt for it but my brain has adapted over the weeks. I still see if on some white scenes though.

The screen coating itself is good but not 100% perfectly applied. So in movement shots with uniform textureless backgrounds you have a type of a dirty screen effect. It's slight but there.
Tbh I'm not sure an ALR coating could physically be perfectly applied at mass scale, it's about 90% there though and good enough.
It's a robust thing and made well.

I may now upgrade to the 135"

I assume you have the normal throw one not a UST screen if your signature is up to date?. I was looking at the exact same screen. Do you by any chance have the drop shortened from the standard drop. I know this can sometimes cause issues with screens as it then isn't tensioned properly.

Yeh its the longthrow
I shortened the standard drop so that it fit in the casing as before it protruded up a couple cm. I did wonder if it was related in some way. Maybe its best not to adjust these?

Sorry no I meant the unwound drop ie making the black top section smaller at the top when viewing. This can then mean the tensioning isn't working optimally on some screens. I would need to do this quite a bit which is why I was asking if you did yours much.

I looked at these and spoke to vividstorm direct on ebay. They seemed nice to deal with. I just couldn't bring myself to get one for my UST as I already have the projector and know how sensitive they are to the slightest change on the surface. Good to hear people like them though it's made me think twice although I have a fixed frame on the way.

Mine is floor rising

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom