1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

richer sounds vs av sales who would you choose?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shazbah, Jun 4, 2004.

1. shazbah

shazbah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys
    Wanting to buy the panny th42pe03 this weekend and heres my dilema.
    Richer sounds are selling theres for £2780 and av for £3099. Who do i buy from. Ive read a couple of threads on here where people have stated that richer sounds after sales are terrible. Are they?
    Where other people seem more than pleased with there service from av
    I know its only a case of £180 (that would buy me the stand) but i need to know that im not giving my money to someone who says "sorry cant help you"
    should i encounter a problem.
    Who would you buy from?????? :confused:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Why not ask them both what the aftersales procedure is if you had a fault with the unit?
    What happens if there is no fault (you made a mistake), etc etc
    Who pays Carriage as Plasmas are heavy to post if it needs returning.
    What happens after the warranty???
    Is the Unit UK stock or Grey import

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    also if i remember correctly that av sales are offering a panny DVD E85 Recorder for £100 with the PE30 :clap: i think its rrp is about £400 so may be worth using avsales. from these forums ive never heard anything bad about them :smashin:

4. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    buy from j lewis 5 year fee waranty and they price match

5. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Ive never bought from Richer Sounds, but having used Av-sales I cant recommend them highly enough. I had a fault with my Plasma and a Quintro box, and in both instances they did everythign they could to help. Really couldn't fault them either pre or post sales.

:)

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    shazbah

How much expertise/help/knowledge will you want/expect/require from whoever you purchase from - ask both the questions your currently not sure about and see if they can provide satisfactory answers.

Both suppliers are looking to supply you with an expensive bit of kit - even if one is slightly more expensive than the other!

What are your expectations of your supplier? Decide if one supplier better meets your requirements and then weigh that up against the cost saving you can make with one supplier over the other.

Piece of mind may be worth more than £180 in your wallet.

Best regards

Joe

7. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd post a plasma? You are one brave guy Horny. Dont forget to write 'fragile' on it in big letters so the postie knows not to jump on it. :)

8. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nearly all of my kit comes from Richer Sounds Cardiff. Over the years I have spent a lot of money there buying and upgrading. I havwe always found them to be great. However, not once have I had to use their after sales service as my kit has never gone up the creek.
    Oh, hang on a minute......I did once have a faulty AX1. Even though I got it really cheap (800 quid as opposed to 2000 RRP) and it was 2 months old they found a new one at Gloucester branch and shipped it over.
    I am looking at a plasma purchase in around 3 months time. The only reason I am looking elsewear for a PE30 is for the 5 year guarantee at John Lewis.

9. chalkdust

chalkdust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Richer sounds is sold with an at home warranty so I think they will come to you if anything goes wrong. Also the extended guarantee covers the following 2 years including an at home warranty, so should be no probs. AV sales are competively priced for my panny pwd6, but don't seem to carry any stock at their shop in Tunbridge Wells so I may have to go to Richer anyway.

10. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Picked up my Panny yesterday from AV-Sales had a demo on thursday,fantastic service and very friendly people.Would not hesitate to reccomend them :clap:

Everytime I have ever been to Richer its like a rugby scrum in there lol.Maybe going on the wrond days I suppose.

Andrew was very patient and answered all my dumb questions and even managed to get a screen for me the next day as they were out of stock on thursday.

Steve

11. shazbah

shazbah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for all your help guys
    Id go to JL but dont have one here in Gloucester. Will go to richer sounds today (even thats 12 miles away) and have a chat with them.
    I saw one set up in the panosonic centre looked fab, staff great, but cant afford their prices.
    cant wait to get one :D

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Ahem by post i mean Ship by 3rd party, it is amazing how different companies ship there stuff around the country

13. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's a JL in Bristol. I think the extra 30 mins drive is worth it for 5 years guarantee!

14. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All,

Just bought my 37pe30 from richer sounds, guys in the shop were very helpful, in the end there price was the cheapest by over £250.
    Norm

15. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    AV-Sales are excellent in my experience!

16. shazbah

shazbah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HI guys
    Got me panny :thumbsup:
    Went to go to richer sounds and callled into shop@panasonic on my way to check out their prices. £3999.00 (wow) I told them i could get it cheaper at richer sounds and when i told them how much they said no way they must be grey imports. Anyway boss came over to me and asked me if this price was correct. I told him if you dont belive me give them a ring im on my way over there to buy one. He rang them, came back to me and said he would price match them :clap:
    I also bought the pedestal stand for £200 (they wanted £350 to start with)
    This saved me quite along journey to richer sounds and if i have any problems i can just give them a shout (nice guys)
    Anyway im going as i want to set up me new panny. I havent a clue what settings im supposed to use ie contrast, brightness but im sure ill find it on here somewhere
    thank you for your help. Without you guys knowledge i would not have had the confidence to go and buy one :)

17. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    AV-Sales win hands down :smashin:

Bought both my PWD6 plaz and iScan HD from them, great chaps and very willing to help...VERY recommended!!!

JJ

18. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AV-Sales were great when I bought my Panny, the original one came completely destroyed by the courier people and AV-Sales had a replacement to me THE SAME DAY. It gets no better than that. The poor man drove all the way to Wales and back, he must have been knackered :boring:

Since then I have had issues with the Quintro and emailed them regarding it. Sadly I have had no reply.

19. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the 37PE30 from AV sales and the DMR-E85H 'bundle', excellant price. Delivered on time and helpful, still waiting for my base (not their fault, Panasonic slow on supply :( ) . So AV sales ok, phoned RS in Liverpool and they said the PE30 wasnt much good and recommended another plasma, they didnt have the PE30 in stock :oops:

20. eviltoastman

eviltoastman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my personal philosophy, but if the Panasonic shop wasn't selling the units cheap in the first place, they probably don't deserve your custom as much as Richer Sounds. Again, this is only my opinion. ;)

I've bought quite a bit (hifi) from Richer and I never had to use their after sales either, and their sales support was second to none...

After speaking with Snakeeater at work about his excellent after sales experience with AV sales, I'm finding it harder to resist the temptation to buy a 42" plasma from them.

21. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Futher to my post above, AV-Sales called me today to help me out on my little Quintro issue. Unforunately Ive been stuck in work all day so I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Been bragging them up to Eviltoastman today who's now interested in getting a Panny from them too...............after a few beers and a demo round mine on the xbox :D

22. shazbah

shazbah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yea youre right and i do feel guilty now for not shopping at richer sounds (honest)How can someone sell something for £3999 and drop it by £1200 within ten minutes???? How much money must they be making??? It makes ya wonder. If im totally honest what made me decide to buy from panasonic was the fact that i could take me plasma away with me that very same day where as with richer sounds i had to wait a week. (ya cant blame me for that)
    anyway ive got it now and im over the moon, just keep me fingers crossed that i dont have to use there after sales

23. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    at the price you paid they almost certainly made no money but as they had them in stock, Better to move one over than give the game away to RS (from their point of view)

24. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought my panasonic for av-sales and was very pleased. I have to say though that I would be tempted by RS since I would be able to just collect it instead of getting it shipped....

ad

25. ianharvey

ianharvey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another thumbs up for AV-Sales. I picked mine up from them (they are only 25 mins from me0 and they were helpful in getting boxes to pad the screen etc. I also had some demos there, which was nice.

All in all highly recommended.

26. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Try flatdeal.co.uk, excellent customer service there m8.

27. mcdonji1

mcdonji1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into RS a couple of days ago and asked for a plasma , they checked the computer and said 8 at warehouse will be here on Wednesday(today) I offered a deposit or payment in full as I wanted to order one but was told to pay on day. Called into shop as it opened today to be told they were all gone. I have sent an e-mail to their customer services asking how a customer can order from stock and then be knocked back.

Not Impressed.