Richer Sounds VIP Warranty Being Sent Back To Samsung?

MightyWings

Novice Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I wondered if anyone had experience with RS and their 'VIP 'warranty with TV's?

MY UE55JS9000 is over 4 years old and had screen issues along with a burning smell so RS sent out one of their approved repairers to investigate. They confirmed that a new screen was needed but I have now found out that there are no screens available so it is 'beyond economical repair'. The interesting twist here is that I have now been directed to Samsung's 'alternative resolutions team' for a replacement model or a refund through them. The issue I have with this is that it clearly states under point 3 of my agreement that 'if the unit cannot be repaired WE will REPLACE with a similar specification model'. Similar specification is reasonable but the 'WE' doesn't seem to have any reference to 'the manufacturer' next to it so I am wondering why I am now dealing with Samsung. I spoke to them yesterday and they now want proof of purchase as they are saying the model is over five years old and there are no alternative resolutions? It all seems to be getting confusing all because I am now dealing with Samsung...

If anyone else has been through this process I would appreciate any feedback on this as the cynic in me is wondering why I am being sent back to Samsung? Samsung claim that I am being sent back to them as its more than 30 days old which I disagreed with...

thanks

If they cannot repair they must offer a top of the range alternative as your tv was a top of the range at the time if I am not wrong. Not sure how much you paid but they can also offer a full credited refund which I believe might be more convenient to you as they used to be more expensive in the past.
RS should sort it out for you and not Samsung but did you pay by creditcard? If yes just start a claim as they would still be fully responsible in case of a dispute against RS. I am sure that at that stage RS will do something about it and cannot send you to Samsung. If the 6 years warranty is Samsung one, RS is still responsible to sort it out for you if Samsung cannot make you happy. Good Luck
PS: I had a similar experience with Currys and I had no other alternative (just to make it short and less painful) than getting a credited refund as the newer tv were more expensive. At the end worked OK for me as I choose the one that was a better value plus I had few 100's pound left in credit.

I would be asking richer sounds why you have been passed to samsung as the warranty is with them. You could tag them in here, as they have an account here.

If they cannot repair they must offer a top of the range alternative as your tv was a top of the range at the time if I am not wrong. Not sure how much you paid but they can also offer a full credited refund which I believe might be more convenient to you as they used to be more expensive in the past.
RS should sort it out for you and not Samsung but did you pay by creditcard? If yes just start a claim as they would still be fully responsible in case of a dispute against RS. I am sure that at that stage RS will do something about it and cannot send you to Samsung. If the 6 years warranty is Samsung one, RS is still responsible to sort it out for you if Samsung cannot make you happy. Good Luck
PS: I had a similar experience with Currys and I had no other alternative (just to make it short and less painful) than getting a credited refund as the newer tv were more expensive. At the end worked OK for me as I choose the one that was a better value plus I had few 100's pound left in credit.

I'm not sure if it was top of the range when I got it but it has the one connect box which allows me to only have one cable to the unit for wall mounting. Indeed I did pay with a credit card and I can go down the S75 chargeback avenue if I wish but will wait to see what RS have to say before that is considered. I am awaiting a response from Samsung but made it quite clear to them that I am in no way in a position to accept a replacement from them given what it says in my agreement. I have posted on here as it was pretty frustrating finding my receipts to send to Samsung and got the feeling that RS were brushing it off to them.

I would be asking richer sounds why you have been passed to samsung as the warranty is with them. You could tag them in here, as they have an account here.

I did exactly that and it ended up being more of a debate what the definition of 'WE' is in the agreement and it was getting a little silly. The attitude I got was that I was getting a new tv out of it so what is the problem. I will speak to them again tomorrow about this and escalate if needs must.

The warranty is still Samsung, however the wording of your RS agreement sounds like its RS who will do it for you as vip customer service, Lets say you get a tv and develops a fault and you return it to RS, they will send the tv back to Samsung for recompense anyway, RS replace the tv from their stock, send the faulty one back to Samsung so they are not out of pocket, .Samsung then refund RS. under law, you are entitled to a model with similar spec or suitable alternative but because youve had it so long you should get a better one. Your argument is, 'well i bought this tv for the one connect box, so i will accept another tv with one connect box. Thats a better spec tv anyway because of tech advances. Make sure the emphasis is on the one connect box i would say.

Last edited:
The warranty is still Samsung, however the wording of your RS agreement sounds like its RS who will do it for you as vip customer service, Lets say you get a tv and develops a fault and you return it to RS, they will send the tv back to Samsung for recompense anyway, RS replace the tv from their stock, send the faulty one back to Samsung so they are not out of pocket, .Samsung then refund RS. under law, you are entitled to a model with similar spec or suitable alternative but because youve had it so long you should get a better one. Your argument is, 'well i bought this tv for the one connect box, so i will accept another tv with one connect box. Thats a better spec tv anyway because of tech advances. Make sure the emphasis is on the one connect box i would say.

Makes me think why get me to do what they were going to do anyway then? Maybe they think its easier for me to sort out directly with Samsung as opposed to RS but I'm not convinced. I will wait and see what Samsung have to offer but will need to do some research into models as I have no clue about TV specs anymore. As you say this one connect box I have on mine is definatly what I want as I that was one of the reasons I purchased it.

thanks

Your TV will be written off and make sure you get the full cost refunded to you.
My store in Birmingham only gave me a percentage of the full cost because they could not get it into their head that samsung had written it off (same set as yours btw).
Your set was not top of the range if it is 4 years old as I think the 9000 was 2015 and in any case the 9500 was top.
After contacting the RS guy on this forum I got my full refund. He is a top bloke and will sort out any issue he can.

Your TV will be written off and make sure you get the full cost refunded to you.
My store in Birmingham only gave me a percentage of the full cost because they could not get it into their head that samsung had written it off (same set as yours btw).
Your set was not top of the range if it is 4 years old as I think the 9000 was 2015 and in any case the 9500 was top.
After contacting the RS guy on this forum I got my full refund. He is a top bloke and will sort out any issue he can.

Seems like a similar story then and sounds like this TV has history going by a few other posts on here and on google.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency to this process either which is frustrating. The chap I spoke to at RS was adamant that this is how it works and then I find on this forum (after a bit of searching) it obviously isn’t the case!

How do I go about either contacting RS on this forum and adding them into this ?

Seems like a similar story then and sounds like this TV has history going by a few other posts on here and on google.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency to this process either which is frustrating. The chap I spoke to at RS was adamant that this is how it works and then I find on this forum (after a bit of searching) it obviously isn’t the case!

How do I go about either contacting RS on this forum and adding them into this ?
With mine Samsung came and said it needed a new panel. It was over 12 months old I think but then they gave me an uplift number to give to RS so I Could return the set for a refund.

Greetings everyone!

I wondered if anyone had experience with RS and their 'VIP 'warranty with TV's?

MY UE55JS9000 is over 4 years old and had screen issues along with a burning smell so RS sent out one of their approved repairers to investigate. They confirmed that a new screen was needed but I have now found out that there are no screens available so it is 'beyond economical repair'. The interesting twist here is that I have now been directed to Samsung's 'alternative resolutions team' for a replacement model or a refund through them. The issue I have with this is that it clearly states under point 3 of my agreement that 'if the unit cannot be repaired WE will REPLACE with a similar specification model'. Similar specification is reasonable but the 'WE' doesn't seem to have any reference to 'the manufacturer' next to it so I am wondering why I am now dealing with Samsung. I spoke to them yesterday and they now want proof of purchase as they are saying the model is over five years old and there are no alternative resolutions? It all seems to be getting confusing all because I am now dealing with Samsung...

If anyone else has been through this process I would appreciate any feedback on this as the cynic in me is wondering why I am being sent back to Samsung? Samsung claim that I am being sent back to them as its more than 30 days old which I disagreed with...

thanks

Hi there,

I was sorry to read you thread and that you've been having problems resolving the issue with your faulty television.

To help resolve things asap, I've sent you a PM requesting more details.

Sincere apologies again, hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom