1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richer Sounds Tosh 210 RCE Workaround

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jase, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

To any of the owners of these units bought from Richer Sounds, you dont need to faff about pressing Title, Chapter etc to get the machine to play RCE discs.

Just insert a normal R1 disc, then stop it, put in the RCE disc and it will play no problem at all and you can access all special features etc.

Theres no mention of this in the info that came with the player and seeing as their RCE hack doesnt work properly anyway this might be useful!!

You can keep playing RCE discs once the machine has set itself to R1 even after it has been switched off. You´ll only need to do the disc swap again if you play an R2 disc & then try a RCE afterwards.

Hope this helps!!

cheers

2. rjcowan

rjcowan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just bought a tosh 210 from richersounds and they have given me a note saying just that. Also I am still waiting for them to get in the documentation about the 3 free dvds which come with a toshiba machine. Did you get your free dvds or was that offer no longer on?

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Didnt get any free dvd´s with mine, mind you i bought it last summer.

Watch out for the instruction manuals (not that you really need them!) as mine were only in French!

Presumably, Richer Sounds are getting grey imports from Europe.

cheers