Richer Sounds told me i could use co-ax for components?

Neiliboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a 32zp46 and a sony davs 550 with component out.

I've been looking for a component cable, went to RS and they had run out......he said instead i could buy 3 x Coax cables (you know the ones to connect the dvd to your amp) to give the signal instead - i'm fairly certain this would not give optimum picture clarity - can anyone confirm?

Is Richer Sounds giving wrong advice?? (Bearing in mind it was £10 more to do it this way as well!?)

Neil

Just buy two 99p audio phono cables, it will work as well as any other cable.

Neiliboy said:

I've been looking for a component cable, went to RS and they had run out......he said instead i could buy 3 x Coax cables (you know the ones to connect the dvd to your amp) to give the signal instead - i'm fairly certain this would not give optimum picture clarity - can anyone confirm?

As long as they are nice and thick they'll work fine. :smashin:

Neiliboy said:

As long as they are nice and thick you won't notice any difference and they'll wok fine.

sure i read something about picture signals requiing a a higher ohm rate or something.....or am i just imagining it?

component is designed to go along a 75 ohm cable. What "quality" of cable you need is something that is hotly contested with those who think that as long as the cable is thick it is fine and others who think that the expesive dedicated cables are a worthwhile investment.

If you go over to the cables forums you will read many discussion threads on these and you can make up your own mind.

Astaroth said:
component is designed to go along a 75 ohm cable.

with 75 ohm BNC connectors on the ends. Once you start using equipment with phono connectors on (these are all 50 ohm), you can pretty much forget about impedence matching.

Richer Sounds were quite right, in other words.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom