Richer Sounds Service

MrP79

Standard Member
I just wanted to write about the customer service I received from Richer Sounds. I came on here last week to see if anyone had had issues with their Samsung JS8500 and notice there’d been a few. My screen had started bleeding on the sides and had gradually got worse over the last 2 months.... it’s just over 5 yrs old and was bought with extended warranty from RS!
I messaged @Richer Sounds through AVForums just to see if anything could be done and was contacted by Tom head of customer service who took my number and got his colleague Daniel to call me..
Lovely helpful guy got me to send some pics which confirmed the issue which he passed on to my local repair firm. They were in contact promptly and after checking details of TV found out was beyond repair as a new screen was not available. Within a day I was then contacted by RS to confirm the diagnosis and Daniel had it passed over to his replacement team. A voucher was issued the following day and with a little extra paid on top I now have a Samsung Q90T on its way to me.

the customer service received was splendid from start to finish and really can’t thank RS enough for this resolution. Many thanks @Richer Sounds 🙂

barryc808

Great service :smashin: - I bought my last TV from RS for their reputation and extended warranty.

Did you have to send back the old telly?

MrP79

Standard Member
Great service :smashin: - I bought my last TV from RS for their reputation and extended warranty.

Did you have to send back the old telly?
No as the TV is irreparable they asked if I could dispose of it safely myself which is no issue so left it for me to do.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
With so many "quick buck" companies around, it's a pleasure to be able to give praise where it's due.

I've bought many items from Richer Sounds over the years and the service has always been first class.

Indeed, right now I'm listening to a pair of Mission 753's bought as a retirement present to myself from their Croydon branch in 1995!

CarlaBassBoom

Novice Member
I just wanted to write about the customer service I received from Richer Sounds. I came on here last week to see if anyone had had issues with their Samsung JS8500 and notice there’d been a few. My screen had started bleeding on the sides and had gradually got worse over the last 2 months.... it’s just over 5 yrs old and was bought with extended warranty from RS!
I messaged @Richer Sounds through AVForums just to see if anything could be done and was contacted by Tom head of customer service who took my number and got his colleague Daniel to call me..
Lovely helpful guy got me to send some pics which confirmed the issue which he passed on to my local repair firm. They were in contact promptly and after checking details of TV found out was beyond repair as a new screen was not available. Within a day I was then contacted by RS to confirm the diagnosis and Daniel had it passed over to his replacement team. A voucher was issued the following day and with a little extra paid on top I now have a Samsung Q90T on its way to me.

the customer service received was splendid from start to finish and really can’t thank RS enough for this resolution. Many thanks @Richer Sounds 🙂
I recommend the service from Richer Sounds.

RS really topped out against JL with their 6 yr free warranty which really gave them more stature in the A/V market.

MrP79

Standard Member
RS really topped out against JL with their 6 yr free warranty which really gave them more stature in the A/V market.
When I bought my original TV from them in 2016 they also price matched a firm that John ‘Never knowingly undersold’ Lewis wouldn’t do. So RS get a customer for life now and JL lose out as I won’t use them again for my TV’s etc.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
When I bought my current TV 6 years ago. A member of the JL staff walked a mile up the road to check stock at the local RS in Reading. They said the TV wasn't on display so couldn't price match ! It was in stock at RS mind you. Bizarre. On checking around I found that the Sony Centre in my town had one on sale at almost 30% off. So no brainer really. I did buy my speakers and Denon receiver from RS though
But my next TV will be from Richer Sounds for all the reasons stated above. Frankly I'm concerned if JL will be around in 5 years anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom