Richer sounds replacement TV offer

gumpy321

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So my QE49Q7F TV that I purchased in November 2017 was written off yesterday by Samsung as they can't get hold of the screen.

The panel has started to turn purple along the bottom where the LED's are situated.

Samsung initially managed to get hold of a panel and fitted it to my TV, but when fitted found it was damaged in transit (Crack in the screen).

So for the past two weeks I've been waiting on a new panel to be delivered, only to be told there is no more stock.

So Samsung have offered me a replacement TV that is as they quote, "Like for like".

The model they've offered me is a QE49Q85T. There are a few problems with this set as "Like for like". Firstly it doesn't use a One Connect box. The one connect aspect is excellent for me as my TV is wall mounted so it keeps cable management to a minimum. Secondly the 49Q85T is only a HDR1000 set, my 49Q7F is a HDR1500 set.

I don't feel like the 49Q85T is a "Like for like" replacement for these two points alone. But Samsung said that if I accept their TV, I'd only get a 12 month warranty with the set? Where as with Richer Sounds, I have a six year warranty?

To my understanding, the QE49Q85T is a QE49Q80T, the exact same TV but sold under Curry's. They changed the 0 to a 5 so that you can't do a price comparison.

So I called Richer Sounds and they said they think Samsung have given a fair like for like set. I disagreed and argued all the points above. She said she would talk to the team that deal with this and get back to me tomorrow as it was too close to close of business to continue.

Ideally what I'd like Richer Sounds to do is give me some form of store credit and let me pick a set and if its more expensive, let me add some cash to it.

Am I being unresonable? I think my points are fair and reasonable?

Many thanks for looking.

cuke2u

From what I understand the majority have found Richer fair and good when it comes to dealing with warranty issues. But stand your ground, be polite, and argue the points you have noted and that a separate one connect box version is the only one you would accept. As you state the reason why you purchased this particular setup in the first place is because it is for your installation environment.
Be wary though, some 2020 sets can be a backwards step...

gumpy321

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Richer Sounds offer tomorrow.

I believe they have a presence on this forum?
I hope it doesn't have to come to that.

I'll update the thread with hopefully a amicable resolution.

HD2k15

Richer Sounds replaced my tv with a like for like TV with a new 6 year warranty. You need to speak with their customer service team and get them to replace the tv themselves, not Samsung. Ignore the Samsung offer, make sure Richer Sounds replace it.

I am extremely happy the way Richer Sounds have dealt with everything.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So my QE49Q7F TV that I purchased in November 2017 was written off yesterday by Samsung as they can't get hold of the screen.

The panel has started to turn purple along the bottom where the LED's are situated.

Samsung initially managed to get hold of a panel and fitted it to my TV, but when fitted found it was damaged in transit (Crack in the screen).

So for the past two weeks I've been waiting on a new panel to be delivered, only to be told there is no more stock.

So Samsung have offered me a replacement TV that is as they quote, "Like for like".

The model they've offered me is a QE49Q85T. There are a few problems with this set as "Like for like". Firstly it doesn't use a One Connect box. The one connect aspect is excellent for me as my TV is wall mounted so it keeps cable management to a minimum. Secondly the 49Q85T is only a HDR1000 set, my 49Q7F is a HDR1500 set.

I don't feel like the 49Q85T is a "Like for like" replacement for these two points alone. But Samsung said that if I accept their TV, I'd only get a 12 month warranty with the set? Where as with Richer Sounds, I have a six year warranty?

To my understanding, the QE49Q85T is a QE49Q80T, the exact same TV but sold under Curry's. They changed the 0 to a 5 so that you can't do a price comparison.

So I called Richer Sounds and they said they think Samsung have given a fair like for like set. I disagreed and argued all the points above. She said she would talk to the team that deal with this and get back to me tomorrow as it was too close to close of business to continue.

Ideally what I'd like Richer Sounds to do is give me some form of store credit and let me pick a set and if its more expensive, let me add some cash to it.

Am I being unresonable? I think my points are fair and reasonable?

Many thanks for looking.

In these circumstances you are eligible for a store uplift/credit to the value of your original purchase which Samsung should provide you with. You can then take it back to the place of purchase to buy a new set. I've had this happen with both Sony and Hisense so don't let Samsung fob you off. RS are superb but this isn't really on them.

gumpy321

In these circumstances you are eligible for a store uplift/credit to the value of your original purchase which Samsung should provide you with. You can then take it back to the place of purchase to buy a new set. I've had this happen with both Sony and Hisense so don't let Samsung fob you off. RS are superb but this isn't really on them.

Well, they just said they'll be giving me £1100 in credit and told me to dispose of the faulty set as theres nothing the can do with it. I'd call that a result.

Excellent service from Richer Sounds.

Think I'll be going for the 55Q90T.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Well, they just said they'll be giving me £1100 in credit and told me to dispose of the faulty set as theres nothing the can do with it. I'd call that a result.

Can't fault RS, I wouldn't buy from anyone else. Surprised you're sticking with Samsung after the way they've dealt with this.

cuke2u

Glad you got this result..

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom