1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richer Sounds Price Matching.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tHatDudeUK, Apr 24, 2004.

1. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After much consideration I have decided to go for a low end amp at about £100-150. RS has the Sony STRDE-495 for £99.95.

Another option is the Yamaha HTR5630 which RS has for £169.95. However, the same amp is £157.89 delivered from http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ so if I could get it from RS for £147.89 I'd probably get that instead of the Sony.

The RS price beat guarantee http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=price_beat.htm says they only beat prices from the list of sites there, and the list doesn't include Peter Tyson.

Anyone know if RS would beat the price anyway or are they strict that a retailer has to be in their "list"? If I can't get the Yamaha at that price I mayaswell go ahead and get the Sony and try it out rather than spend £70 more I could spend on speakers, cables etc.

Thanks in advance

Regards

tHatDudeUK

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I don't think they will price match but its allways worth a try.Its a poor shop anyway,they never have anything i want and allways try and sell me some crap i don't want.

3. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got the Eltax AVR280 = crap, Sony STRDE495, wonderful piece of kit. I'll spent what I saved on a subwoofer or something :)